This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So sick of FPS elitists

#1FenriswolfPosted 10/1/2013 4:57:56 PM
This year saw some remakes of old-school FPS properties like Shadow Warrior and Rise of the Triad. While I enjoyed these games, I'm really annoyed by the elitist community attached to these games, acting as if they're better than everyone else just because they knew how to rocket jump back in the old days or whatever. Furthermore, these people try to dismiss legitimate criticisms against these games, like bugs, lack of optimization, low budget etc, while telling anyone who criticizes these games to "go back to COD". There's nothing wrong with having gaming and narrative features evolve with technology, and since when is it wrong to enjoy COD and prefer to have proper storytelling in games again?
---
Hello
#2ThunderPotatoPosted 10/1/2013 4:59:01 PM
Go back to CoD. Seriously.
---
Uncharted is a loli game.
#3DerPancakePosted 10/1/2013 4:59:33 PM
Hilariously CoD takes as much skill as arena shooters.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#4ThunderPotatoPosted 10/1/2013 5:00:45 PM
DerPancake posted...

Pancakes are practically flat waffles.
---
Uncharted is a loli game.
#5biohazard1775Posted 10/1/2013 5:04:57 PM
DerPancake posted...
Derp

---
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!
#6DiviDudePosted 10/1/2013 5:07:51 PM(edited)
It's human nature to think that things one likes are objectively better than everything else. And that's why humans suck.

Conclusion: not give a s@#& what people think because the overwhelming majority of people are idiots. Incidentally, "elitists" are typically among the least insightful and warrant being ignored especially so.
#7steveboblarryPosted 10/1/2013 5:09:52 PM
kelevra
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#8NingishzidaPosted 10/1/2013 7:20:50 PM
STALKER SoC overhauled with OGSE

forget your Baby's first social network FPSes and get on my level
#9Last Grand MageX2Posted 10/1/2013 7:24:21 PM
DerPancake posted...

Objectively untrue, CoD has various mechanics which exist for the sole purpose of compressing the skill gap. I'm not saying that you're wrong for liking it, or that CoD is a bad game, but the fact is that CoD is just plain easier to be good at.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#10JudgmenlPosted 10/1/2013 7:30:17 PM
Last Grand MageX2 posted...
DerPancake posted...

Objectively untrue, CoD has various mechanics which exist for the sole purpose of compressing the skill gap. I'm not saying that you're wrong for liking it, or that CoD is a bad game, but the fact is that CoD is just plain easier to be good at.

I think you're the kind of person that TC doesn't like.
---
`1337_FF_GoD` - Popularity =/= Quality.
http://puu.sh/4AoGC.png - Opinions =/= Truth.