This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking of moving my hard drives into this Dell Inpiron 580, but...

#1SychosisDragonPosted 10/1/2013 5:00:16 PM
I've googled and found out that apparently hard disk failure is a common thing with this model.
The PC was given to me by a co-worker, without a hard drive. His HDD failed and he just gave me the rest of it. The build is better than the one I currently have, but I don't want to put my HDDs in this thing if it's going to cause them to fail.
Is it safe to transfer my HDDs into this? Or if it's a problem the computer causes (making the HDDs fail, that is) is there something I can replace before putting my HDDs in it?

Can anyone shed some light on this before I make a mistake? Something a little more helpful than "Buy a new system"
---
"It detects those that are awesome. Which you are not.
I, however, get showered with cookies whenever I merely choose a song to play." - Renamon_mang
#2Rolen47Posted 10/1/2013 5:18:42 PM
If it is common for that particular prebuilt it's probably only because they used cheap harddrives. Harddrives come in all sorts of quality and price, prebuilts will often use the cheapest ones available to maximize profit.
#3SychosisDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 5:24:22 PM
The hard drives I have in my current PCs are both great Seagate drives. If it's a drive issue, I have no worries about putting them into the 580. As long as it's not a motherboard issue or otherwise in the 580 that would cause the drives to fail.
---
"It detects those that are awesome. Which you are not.
I, however, get showered with cookies whenever I merely choose a song to play." - Renamon_mang