This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are graphics worth playing in a small community with late ports?

#1PastyWnoLipsPosted 10/1/2013 5:47:51 PM
Would I be considered a "graphics whore" if I preferred to wait for games to be ported 2 years later (like Mortal Kombat), instead of playing the biggest games now (like GTA V)?
---
I try to fit "my girlfriend" in my posts, b/c it's hard for me to get noticed by girls. PC gaming is even less relevant than the Wii U
#2xBrokenxHaloxPosted 10/1/2013 5:50:16 PM
Depends on the game
---
Just so I can type in CAPS
#3Snuckie7Posted 10/1/2013 5:50:58 PM
User Name PastyWnoLips
User ID 6802249
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#4YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/1/2013 5:51:38 PM
Not really. Waiting also gives devs time to work on patching games, fixing balance and developing DLC content. Though, in the case of fighting games, there's no real reason to go for PC. As long as the consoles can deliver 60 FPS, you're good. Only real reason for a PC version is if it's on sale for much less, like SFxT was this weekend, or if it has a better netcode, like Skullgirls.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#5PastyWnoLips(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 5:54:35 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
Not really. Waiting also gives devs time to work on patching games, fixing balance and developing DLC content. Though, in the case of fighting games, there's no real reason to go for PC. As long as the consoles can deliver 60 FPS, you're good. Only real reason for a PC version is if it's on sale for much less, like SFxT was this weekend, or if it has a better netcode, like Skullgirls.

Would you say missing GTA V and Red Dead is worth it?

btw, for the clown posting my stats:

Account Created Sunday, July 28, 2013 8:36 PM
---
I try to fit "my girlfriend" in my posts, b/c it's hard for me to get noticed by girls. PC gaming is even less relevant than the Wii U
#6Snuckie7Posted 10/1/2013 5:55:27 PM
Signature I try to fit "my girlfriend" in my posts, b/c it's hard for me to get noticed by girls. PC gaming is even less relevant than the Wii U
Karma 11
Active Messages Posted 8

---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#7YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/1/2013 5:56:44 PM
I've never played any of the Red Dead games and I am perfectly content with that. And I played through GTAIV on my 360, have yet to give in to this madness where everybody seems to crave GTAV. Patience is easy, when there's so many other options to choose from.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#8g7g7g7g7Posted 10/1/2013 6:12:01 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
I've never played any of the Red Dead games and I am perfectly content with that. And I played through GTAIV on my 360, have yet to give in to this madness where everybody seems to crave GTAV. Patience is easy, when there's so many other options to choose from.

^This and I'm balls deep in planetside 2, which your puny consoles will be unable to cope with until the PS4 comes out. Mwah ha ha.

That and ARMA 3, ARMA 3 is fantastic, so is Mechwarrior online and Heroes and Generals is shaping up to be quite nice too. yeah so there's those and Europa Universalis and CIV V for my strategy fix, not to mention about 25 years worth of backwards compatibility for all the games I have ever bought are still playable today.
---
You never see people quoting each other in sigs anymore. - Adam Laz
#9g7g7g7g7Posted 10/1/2013 6:13:44 PM
Also this

http://imgur.com/TCRFBGs
---
You never see people quoting each other in sigs anymore. - Adam Laz
#10PastyWnoLips(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 6:40:30 PM
g7g7g7g7 posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...

^This and I'm balls deep in planetside 2, which your puny consoles will be unable to cope with until the PS4 comes out. Mwah ha ha.

That and ARMA 3, ARMA 3 is fantastic, so is Mechwarrior online and Heroes and Generals is shaping up to be quite nice too. yeah so there's those and Europa Universalis and CIV V for my strategy fix, not to mention about 25 years worth of backwards compatibility for all the games I have ever bought are still playable today.

brb both consoles (separately) have twice the community size of battlefield 3 (the PC's crown jewel) with none of the hacking. 10,000 players are online in the puny PC ghost town.

@Snuckie: try harder. calling out my post count? lol. so now i have to be a no-lifer who lives on message boards? k..
---