This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are graphics worth playing in a small community with late ports?

#11strongo9Posted 10/1/2013 6:45:55 PM
PastyWnoLips posted...
g7g7g7g7 posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...
I've never played any of the Red Dead games and I am perfectly content with that. And I played through GTAIV on my 360, have yet to give in to this madness where everybody seems to crave GTAV. Patience is easy, when there's so many other options to choose from.

^This and I'm balls deep in planetside 2, which your puny consoles will be unable to cope with until the PS4 comes out. Mwah ha ha.

That and ARMA 3, ARMA 3 is fantastic, so is Mechwarrior online and Heroes and Generals is shaping up to be quite nice too. yeah so there's those and Europa Universalis and CIV V for my strategy fix, not to mention about 25 years worth of backwards compatibility for all the games I have ever bought are still playable today.

brb both consoles (separately) have twice the community size of battlefield 3 (the PC's crown jewel) with none of the hacking. 10,000 players are online in the puny PC ghost town.

@Snuckie: try harder. calling out my post count? lol. so now i have to be a no-lifer who lives on message boards? k..

A smaller niche community is better. I don't get where you're going with that. Plenty of people cheat on consoles too. Don't fool yourself into thinking nobody does.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#12YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/1/2013 6:46:34 PM
Having a community of 20,000 doesn't matter if you can only play with 23 of them at a time. 10,000 is a very healthy community size, especially for a game that's been out for 2 years now.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#13BogePosted 10/1/2013 6:51:27 PM(edited)
Some games really are a different experience because of the graphics and performance. Dark Souls is a good example for me. I bought Dark Souls for PS3 on launch. I played it a bit, got past Blight town, but that was it for me. The sub 20fps just didn't cut it and I couldn't play it anymore.

Thankfully a PC version was in the works shortly after that, so I waited months before I could play it. Knowing the port was going to be stuck at 720p and 30fps broke my heart. But then mods saved the day. I played over 300 hours of the PC version since then.

Another example is the Last of Us. Great game for sure. However, I can't hide the fact that the 720p@less than 30fps in some areas really hurt the experience for me. If there had been a PC version announced, I certainly would have waited. That's what I'm doing with GTA 5. No way am I wasting a good experience on 720p@ 30fps or less. I'm above that.

Besides, I hate playing online with strangers anyway, so the community thing doesn't matter for me.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#14Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/1/2013 7:00:16 PM
g7g7g7g7 posted...
Also this

http://imgur.com/TCRFBGs

That list is sorta wrong, inaccurate and a lot of those games released last year. Also, example. Warframe as a PC exclusive

http://us.playstation.com/ps4/games/warframe-ps4.html

See how that list is debunked and also loaded with a lot of F2P, indie crap that resembles 8bit gaming?
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#15Last Grand MageX2Posted 10/1/2013 7:22:07 PM
Ya'll gettin' TROLOLOLOLOLOLed.

Also, to the guy who was fine with not playing RDR, you're only fine with that because you haven't played it. I'm of the opinion that it's easily the best game Rockstar has done, though I should say that I'm not a GTA fan. I've played 3, SA and 4, but never beat any of them, just couldn't enjoy them.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#16AsellusPosted 10/1/2013 7:44:34 PM
brb both consoles (separately) have twice the community size of battlefield 3 (the PC's crown jewel) with none of the hacking. 10,000 players are online in the puny PC ghost town.

Ie, there's about as many people playing TF2 on pc at the moment as there are playing Battlefield 3 on both consoles combined.
#17nameless0101Posted 10/2/2013 1:32:46 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
g7g7g7g7 posted...
Also this

That list is sorta wrong, inaccurate and a lot of those games released last year. Also, example. Warframe as a PC exclusive

See how that list is debunked and also loaded with a lot of F2P, indie crap that resembles 8bit gaming?

Yeah that list is so biased it's not even funny.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag DeludedFool
PSN Name also DeludedFool
#18Flaktrooper123Posted 10/2/2013 1:52:47 AM
Doesn't matter. You play because you want to play, not because some nosy neighbors tell you to play it when they want you to play it.
#19silvergokuZPosted 10/2/2013 6:32:59 AM
Last Grand MageX2 posted...
Ya'll gettin' TROLOLOLOLOLOLed.

Also, to the guy who was fine with not playing RDR, you're only fine with that because you haven't played it. I'm of the opinion that it's easily the best game Rockstar has done, though I should say that I'm not a GTA fan. I've played 3, SA and 4, but never beat any of them, just couldn't enjoy them.

I am a bit spoiled with pc gaming, I can handle ps1 and even Nes games as long as they run smooth but for me all I saw with Red Dead was a unsmooth framerate and compared to pc games colours and smoothness on the characters and edges seemed bad even though the actual graphics were good.

I would rather play a emulated Gamecube game with great colours and 1080p upscaled than a ps3 or 360 game running native at that but unsmooth graphics

Shame you did not like GTA 3 or SA as 4 and 5 never came close to the fun I had on those games to me but I grew up on them and can go back to them
---
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.
#20ThePCElitistPosted 10/2/2013 6:49:49 AM
Graphics whore is a phrase made by console gamers as a way of attacking PC gamers for actually wanting a superior experience. There's nothing wrong at all with liking or wanting better graphics.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU