This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

no POST no signal to monitor

#1SepirorcPosted 10/1/2013 6:01:57 PM
For the past few months my computer would often not boot on the first try. I would get no signal to monitor and no startup. Usually the second time I would try to boot the computer I would not see anything until the windows logo appeared immediately before seeing my desktop, but the computer worked.

Last week my computer would not boot. I simply got no signal to monitor and no sounds. The monitor and the connection to the monitor are good. I tried reseating the RAM, tried running each RAM stick individually, reseating the video card, resetting the processor, replacing the CMOS battery, and testing each power connection.

none of those steps worked.

my computer was getting fairly old (5 years) so I decided it was time to upgrade. I just finished installing a new motherboard, a new CPU, and a new video card.However I am still getting the same issue: no signal to monitor, no sound, no POST beeps.

Everything in my case is turning on, lights, fans, video card, motherboard is getting power.

I was hoping I would at least get to POST on my screen, or get to BIOS.

What is my next step? what is the problem with this computer?
I have ordered new RAM as well in case all 3 sticks have gone bad.

What do I do to get this to work?
---
If you want to paint a room yellow, and have 3 cans of paint: Orange, Blue, and Green, What do you do with what you have?
#22Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 10/1/2013 6:14:00 PM(edited)
Do you have a speaker on your motherboard to know if it posts without a video signal? Is your monitor connected to your video card or to your onboard graphics?
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#3Sepirorc(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 6:39:32 PM
i have tried both connections to the monitor (graphics card and through motherboard video output).

I had had my sound run through an audio card and optical cable to a speaker system. I do not have standard speakers to plug into the motherboard. I did test it with some headphones but I got no beeps with that.
---
If you want to paint a room yellow, and have 3 cans of paint: Orange, Blue, and Green, What do you do with what you have?
#42Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 10/1/2013 6:55:09 PM
Sepirorc posted...
i have tried both connections to the monitor (graphics card and through motherboard video output).

I had had my sound run through an audio card and optical cable to a speaker system. I do not have standard speakers to plug into the motherboard. I did test it with some headphones but I got no beeps with that.

When you tried the onboard video did you remove your video card? If not you could try that. Are all of the power plugs secure on your motherboard including the 8 pin CPU power?
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542