This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

TES: Anthology - Problem installing "Arena" - error 2885.......

#1ShadowDarkstarPosted 10/1/2013 11:18:36 PM
I've activated the Key it came with on my Steam Account.

After activation, only TES 3, 4, 5 showed to download.

I put the "Arena" disc in, it starts to install, I then get a message, "Internal Error 2885. License Agreement".

Not sure what to do.

Thanks to all that reply with help or advice.
#2TalksPosted 10/1/2013 11:30:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3sauruschamp1Posted 10/2/2013 12:34:30 AM
arena and daggerfall you need to use dosbox to run (and are free online) dont know if the anthology box comes with dosbox or you will have to download it from somewhere else. You can also get a frontloader for dosbox if you struggle using it.
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian 3DS ID: 1848-2118-1570
Origin and SteamID: Zarosio
#4AsellusPosted 10/2/2013 1:24:08 AM(edited)
Do you have an actual disc for the thing?
/marvels

Anyways though I don't know if there's any difference between the disc version and the freeware one but if you're having problems you might try switching to the later.

You'll certainly be running it under Dosbox either way.
#5sauruschamp1Posted 10/2/2013 1:55:47 AM
Asellus the anthology comes with discs of all the games and maps of each (hence why it looks such a good deal).
---
#6ShadowDarkstar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 2:18:29 AM
sauruschamp1 posted...
Asellus the anthology comes with discs of all the games and maps of each (hence why it looks such a good deal).

yes, I have the actual physical disc (that came with the Anthology).

I put it in the drive, the installation wizard starts, then I get the message.

The Dos Box is included on the disc. So like any game on GOG, it should install, put a short cut on the desk top, and be ready to play when I click on it.

I donated $80 to Bethesda for this, it should have been as simple as that. But no, they have to make it complicated. They have to leave out instructions that could help someone that has not used dos box since the Commodore 64 and no longer remembers how to speak geek when they google instructions on how to use Dox Box.

Putting Arena down for now, switching over to GTA 5, going on a Trevor rampage.
#7sauruschamp1Posted 10/2/2013 3:11:23 AM
Ah ok sounds like it is exactly the same as the online version in that you need to do the set up and installation in dosbox yourself (which can be a pain for those who havent done it before). You could try using a frontloader such as D-fend reloaded to run dosbox as that way you get an easy to use gui for setting it up.
---
#8anthrax360xPosted 10/2/2013 9:05:59 AM
ShadowDarkstar posted...
sauruschamp1 posted...

yes, I have the actual physical disc (that came with the Anthology).

I put it in the drive, the installation wizard starts, then I get the message.

The Dos Box is included on the disc. So like any game on GOG, it should install, put a short cut on the desk top, and be ready to play when I click on it.

I donated $80 to Bethesda for this, it should have been as simple as that. But no, they have to make it complicated. They have to leave out instructions that could help someone that has not used dos box since the Commodore 64 and no longer remembers how to speak geek when they google instructions on how to use Dox Box.

Putting Arena down for now, switching over to GTA 5, going on a Trevor rampage.

lol
---
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
#9ShadowDarkstar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 8:58:28 PM
Update, I called Tech Support and told them what happened.

There reply:
"Your pc is not compatible with the game. You need to buy a new computer with Windows XP. That is the only thing I can tell you."

Of which I replied, "According to the specifications on the package my pc meets all the requirements. The package says nothing at all that a pc with specs lower then what is recommended is needed on the game box that you produced."

Of which he replied, "I don't know what to say".

I hung up, went back to Best Buy, told them what happened and got a full refund.

Thanks again to all that replied and tried to help.
#10The cranky hermitPosted 10/2/2013 9:05:31 PM
If you can't even spend five minutes figuring out how to use DOSBox, let alone when several people who know what to do are willing to offer help, then you're not the sort of person who should be playing TES: Arena/Daggerfall anyway.
---
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!