This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

TES: Anthology - Problem installing "Arena" - error 2885.......

#21wizardmonPosted 10/3/2013 6:33:23 PM
Greylisted so hard.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#22ShadowDarkstar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 11:43:43 PM
Got the games (Arena / Daggerfall) running. *

I'd like to thank sauruschamp1, Asellus, and anthrax360x that tried to help and point me in the right direction.
Thank you for giving replies that were tolerant of someone who sometimes has a hard time with things that others might find simple. As well as not being condescending and prosecutorial in accusing me of pirating software. **

Bethesda Tech Support was totally at fault. They told me my PC was not compatible.
They were wrong.

This is there product and they should have been able to walk me through it. They should be embarrassed that Gamefaqs and You Tube have more answers then them.

Thanks again.

* Free versions from Bethesda's website.

** I used the product key because I thought that was needed to activate Arena. The error message said "Internal Error 2885. License Agreement".

I did not download Skyrim, and have asked Steam Customer Service to remove the game from my account.

I already owned TES: 3 and 4 which I purchased last year during the Steam Sale.
#23TimePharaohPosted 10/3/2013 11:52:59 PM
ShadowDarkstar posted...
They have to leave out instructions that could help someone that has not used dos box since the Commodore 64

Wow you got into the Commodore 64 pretty late considering DOSBox came out 2002...

Sigh, peasants.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#24ShadowDarkstar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 2:19:43 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
ShadowDarkstar posted...
They have to leave out instructions that could help someone that has not used dos box since the Commodore 64

Wow you got into the Commodore 64 pretty late considering DOSBox came out 2002...

Sigh, peasants.

Lol.

Forgot how far that system went back.
In that case, this was first ever experience with Dos Box.
#25TheMadTokerPosted 10/4/2013 3:09:24 AM
it's a 20 year old DOS game... what were you expecting? O.o
---
Pull my finger.