This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Valve has 47 people working on Half Life 3

#11claytonbuckleyPosted 10/2/2013 5:21:47 PM
SteamOS timed exclusive. Still calling it
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#12iceachePosted 10/2/2013 5:26:34 PM
claytonbuckley posted...

No. It'll be STEAM exclusive. releasing for Mac/Linux/Windows all at the same time
#13iammaxhailmePosted 10/2/2013 5:33:36 PM
claytonbuckley posted...

I don't think Valve would sink quite that low
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#14El_KazPosted 10/2/2013 6:26:37 PM
If the famously leaked "Valve handbook for new employees" is anything to go by, this doesn't mean squat.
Sure, there's some people assigned to HL3 development on paper... but all of these people may also be self-assigned to 5 other projects and not have done a lick of HL3-related work in years. See:

Deciding what to work on can be the hardest part of your job at Valve. This is because, as you’ve found out by now, you were not hired to fill a specific job description. You were hired to constantly be looking around for the most valuable work you could be doing. At the end of a project,
you may end up well outside what you thought was your core area of expertise.
There’s no rule book for choosing a project or task at Valve. But it’s useful to answer questions like these:
• Of all the projects currently under way, what’s the most valuable thing I can be working on?
• Which project will have the highest direct impact on our customers? How much will the work I ship benefit them?
• Is Valve not doing something that it should be doing?
• What’s interesting? What’s rewarding? What leverages my individual strengths the most?

---
Wait... what?
#15NotQuiteAFreakPosted 10/2/2013 6:50:39 PM
...choosing a project or task at Valve. But it’s useful to answer questions like these:
• Of all the projects currently under way, what’s the most valuable thing I can be working on?

Half life 3

• Which project will have the highest direct impact on our customers? How much will the work I ship benefit them?.

Half Life 3. It will give them Half Life 3

• Is Valve not doing something that it should be doing?

Putting more effort into Half Life 3.

• What’s interesting? What’s rewarding? What leverages my individual strengths the most?

Half Life 3 is interesting. Half Life 3 is rewarding. Half Life 3 will leverage your individual skills the most.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010