This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to build a good gaming PC for around 1200$, but...

#11Duken13(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 12:33:57 PM
Seems like the i7-4770K is pretty much everybody's favorite.
For the motherboard, I think I'll go with Asus or Gigabyte, I'm very pleased with their quality so far!

Call me old fashioned, but I still have my doubts about liquid cooling, I'm still worried that it'll leak or something... is it really more efficient than normal cooling, or just quieter?
#12PyrotechnixxxPosted 10/2/2013 12:35:58 PM
Both, generally speaking. You could always go with something like the Hyper 212 Evo if you're really that hesitant.
---
Fear is a leash.
#13NicodimusPosted 10/2/2013 12:45:34 PM(edited)
Duken13 posted...
Seems like the i7-4770K is pretty much everybody's favorite.
For the motherboard, I think I'll go with Asus or Gigabyte, I'm very pleased with their quality so far!

Call me old fashioned, but I still have my doubts about liquid cooling, I'm still worried that it'll leak or something... is it really more efficient than normal cooling, or just quieter?

It's unnecessary unless you are going to overclock the CPU quite a bit, say 4.5 gHz or more. If you're really big into OCing (and your chip can even do it, based on your luck) you'll want one. If you're going to overclock to 4.2 or 4.3, somewhere in that range, an aftermarket air cooler like the 212 Evo works well enough.

There are other factors too, like ambient room temp, what thermal paste you use, and how the airflow is in your case, but generally the above is true barring unusual circumstances.

---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64