This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

this may seem insanely stupid

#11KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 7:08:49 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
KillerzOverHere posted...
nvm, wikipedia explains it all, ignore me.

Usually do.

This is what happens when laptop peasants try to understand computers

don't know if you heard the big news. I'm switching to desktop soon, sold the gaming laptop

and i'm just compiling knowledge now.
#12SythisTaruPosted 10/2/2013 7:13:00 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
nvm, wikipedia explains it all, ignore me.

Usually do.

This is what happens when laptop peasants try to understand computers

Lol laptops cost more.
#13KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 7:15:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/2/2013 7:17:16 PM
SythisTaru posted...
Lol laptops cost more.

Being a peasant in this day and age is more about their mentality. They like eating scraps and licking boots when they have the means to avoid such peasant like behaviours. They choose to remain ignorant and THAT is why they are to be shamed and scorned by those with a higher understanding.

*throws rock*
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#15KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 7:20:56 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Lol laptops cost more.

Being a peasant in this day and age is more about their mentality. They like eating scraps and licking boots when they have the means to avoid such peasant like behaviours. They choose to remain ignorant and THAT is why they are to be shamed and scorned by those with a higher understanding.

*throws rock*

are you calling me a peasant?
#16DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/2/2013 7:35:22 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Lol laptops cost more.

*throws rock*

Everyone is a peasant. We are all ignorant in some respect and most of us too full of @#%$ to admit when they are wrong. We fanboy, praise and defend meaningless ideas and products when better or equally functional alternatives exist. So yes you are a peasant. There is no master race, just a sea of peasants clinging on to whatever little hope they have that they are superior to the next person as some sort of self vindication.

Its nice to try and place hierarchy amongst ourselves when in reality, it matters not. So long as we are content with our own ideas and decisions while not adversely affecting others, there is no need to place so much weight on others opinions. Those that insult others are the ones that are lost. Constantly trying to climb the non-existent social hierarchy.

So am I really calling you a peasant? Not so much as calling you a fellow human being with flaws and talents like the rest of us.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#17AsellusPosted 10/2/2013 8:04:37 PM
x86 was originally 16-bit but we don't use "x86-32" or whatever for the simple reason there stopped being any contemporary 16-bit chips to differentiate them from. Likewise today there haven't been any 32-bit x86 chips since the Pentium 4 / Athlon XP.
#18KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 8:08:35 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Lol laptops cost more.

*throws rock*

Everyone is a peasant. We are all ignorant in some respect and most of us too full of @#%$ to admit when they are wrong. We fanboy, praise and defend meaningless ideas and products when better or equally functional alternatives exist. So yes you are a peasant. There is no master race, just a sea of peasants clinging on to whatever little hope they have that they are superior to the next person as some sort of self vindication.

Its nice to try and place hierarchy amongst ourselves when in reality, it matters not. So long as we are content with our own ideas and decisions while not adversely affecting others, there is no need to place so much weight on others opinions. Those that insult others are the ones that are lost. Constantly trying to climb the non-existent social hierarchy.

So am I really calling you a peasant? Not so much as calling you a fellow human being with flaws and talents like the rest of us.

but my mom told me that I'm king of the world. She said I was special.
#19BadProfessionalPosted 10/2/2013 8:39:51 PM
Asellus posted...
x86 was originally 16-bit but we don't use "x86-32" or whatever for the simple reason there stopped being any contemporary 16-bit chips to differentiate them from. Likewise today there haven't been any 32-bit x86 chips since the Pentium 4 / Athlon XP.

The intel Atom - Lincroft says "hi."
---
Sarcasm passes for serious here.
Serious passes for sarcasm here.
#20KCGeminiPosted 10/2/2013 8:56:47 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Lol laptops cost more.

*throws rock*

That was beautiful.
---
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense...