This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think video games are expensive?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you think video games are expensive?

User Info: QUIK

QUIK
3 years ago#1
I was looking to pre-order the following games for the pc,

South park stick of truth
Watch dogs
And assassins creed

When i see the total is almost $200.00
I paused and thought to myself damn videogames are expensive...so i just exit the site and didnt pre order anything...i think if the games were $50.00 each instead of 64.00 i would have charged those 3 games to my credit card instead of leaving...

What do you guys think? Do you feel they are expensive or the price is right?

User Info: lost_within

lost_within
3 years ago#2
Yes they are very expensive... especially when small time developers (who would have the most overhead) can release quality games for fairly cheap...
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison

User Info: TheFeshPince

TheFeshPince
3 years ago#3
No.
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4

User Info: Vordrax

Vordrax
3 years ago#4
They're expensive to develop, as well. It's better to limit yourself in terms of how many games you buy at release (time is a luxury, after all) and buy most of your games on sale after a while.
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
3 years ago#5
Nope. Can't remember the last time I paid more than $20 for a game. The game I play the most is F2P.
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D

User Info: UltimateUmbreon

UltimateUmbreon
3 years ago#6
Get a 3DS and Vita. Games made by established developers releasing a 40 bucks a pop brand new.
Founder of NGG's Club Canada
NNID: Soviet_Snorlax PSN: SovietSnorlax Steam: Soviet Snorlax

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
3 years ago#7
They are expensive when buying all at full price. I only buy the must have games, won't risk any purchases w/o "trying" them either.
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU

User Info: mwjohnson5

mwjohnson5
3 years ago#8
Yeah I know what you mean. I rarely pay full price for any game. I usually wait for price drops or sales. Only time I'd pay 60 for a game is if it's something I really want. If it's a game I'm not familiar with I definitely don't want to plop down 60 bux if it turns out to be garbage. What bothers me more is if a game cost 60 dollars and has absolutely no replay value. I don't want to buy a game for almost 70 dollars after taxes and beat it in one day.
The realdeal aka theman

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
3 years ago#9
They are expensive if you're impatient.

If you can wait a year, you get them for $20 or less and get the same experience.
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64

User Info: mwjohnson5

mwjohnson5
3 years ago#10
I wanted Grand Theft auto 5 but I don't have a ps3 or xbox anymore and I'm not about to plop 200-300 dollars on another console just to buy 1 game.
The realdeal aka theman
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you think video games are expensive?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived