This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what is your opinion on Windows 8 for gaming

#41MarikhenPosted 10/3/2013 10:05:33 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
ben_not_benny posted...
Windows 8 + StartIsBack (or any other program that gets rid of the Metro and brings back the start menu) = win

That's not win. The metro interface is irrefutably better than the start menu of old. Honestly don't see how people can try and argue this point.

It probably has something to do with the fact that "better" and "best" are purely subjective terms. ;-)
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#42macmahon187Posted 10/4/2013 5:36:13 AM
Marikhen posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
ben_not_benny posted...
Windows 8 + StartIsBack (or any other program that gets rid of the Metro and brings back the start menu) = win

That's not win. The metro interface is irrefutably better than the start menu of old. Honestly don't see how people can try and argue this point.

It probably has something to do with the fact that "better" and "best" are purely subjective terms. ;-)

I still bring back the quick launch bar so I have every link I want at my finger tips. Switching to a big window with around 100 squares then looking for that one square to click is a little ridiculous. Can it really be said you can power off your computer faster with metro vs the start button? Unfortunately metro is the opposite of efficient. And how does metro replace gadgets? Never understood that logic.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#43wizardmonPosted 10/4/2013 5:40:38 AM
macmahon187 posted...
I still bring back the quick launch bar so I have every link I want at my finger tips.

It's still there though, press windows, start typing.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#44PigfartsPosted 10/4/2013 5:43:19 AM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Even better than Windows 7 because of DX11.1.

This seems to be the consensus. But it does not seem enough for me to upgrade. Only if we see really worthwhile differences due to this would I consider an upgrade.

My girlfriend has windows 8 on her laptop and I am not a fan when it comes to the basic stock interface. Though I guess that is all just superficial and can be dealt with. But once you strip that away, the OS is too similar to windows 7 for me to even care. Except for a few features, like Direct x 11.1.

I took me a day to find the big buttont hat brings up my desktop =\. The only different I find is the lack of a start button. Other then that its the same as 7 to me. My PC is only for gameing though.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#45macmahon187Posted 10/4/2013 6:39:29 AM
wizardmon posted...
macmahon187 posted...
I still bring back the quick launch bar so I have every link I want at my finger tips.

It's still there though, press windows, start typing.

Why would I hit more than one button?
---
Posted using GameFlux
#46DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/4/2013 7:07:40 AM
macmahon187 posted...

You had to before...
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#47macmahon187Posted 10/4/2013 8:24:05 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
macmahon187 posted...

You had to before...

Not when I have a the quick launch stretched across my taskbar. And my taskbar is pulled up to double the space. That way I can also see the full date and time. I make windows work for me, not the other way around.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#48DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/4/2013 8:32:50 AM(edited)
macmahon187 posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
macmahon187 posted...

You had to before...

Not when I have a the quick launch stretched across my taskbar. And my taskbar is pulled up to double the space. That way I can also see the full date and time. I make windows work for me, not the other way around.

In that case don't be lazy or just do this simple 2 minute step.
http://blogs.computerworld.com/19842/how_to_bring_back_the_quick_launch_toolbar_to_the_windows_8_desktop

Edit: Not to mention you can pin nearly anything to the bar as it stands.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
#49macmahon187Posted 10/4/2013 9:01:17 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
macmahon187 posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
macmahon187 posted...

You had to before...

In that case don't be lazy or just do this simple 2 minute step.
http://blogs.computerworld.com/19842/how_to_bring_back_the_quick_launch_toolbar_to_the_windows_8_desktop

Edit: Not to mention you can pin nearly anything to the bar as it stands.

Yeah that's what I just said that I did, I brought back the quick launch bar.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#50DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/4/2013 9:15:16 AM
Except as I said, you didn't need to. You can pin any of your programs to the bar. I'd be curious to see what exactly you 'need' the quick launch for.
---