This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

7970 vs 7970ghz edition?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 7970 vs 7970ghz edition?

User Info: Dinglesteed

Dinglesteed
3 years ago#1
I see a lot of people saying that the 7970 regular is better to get and just overclock it to the same as the ghz edition. Then I see other people say the ghz edition is better so it's pretty confusing. The price difference for a slight clock boost seems kind of steep so I was just curious what is the better buy. Looking at the Sapphire OC with Boost model. Thanks!
Playing: Dragon's Crown, MLB the Show 13, Pikmin 3, Project X Zone, ETS2
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571

User Info: aak57

aak57
3 years ago#2
If you are willing to overclock (don't even need to raise voltage) then the normal 7970 is a no-brainer.
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 years ago#3
do you like overclocking on your own? 7970

do you not care about money but want an overclock? 7970 Ghz

you said it yourself
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.

User Info: Dinglesteed

Dinglesteed
3 years ago#4
I'm not opposed to overclocking, though I'd need to read up on doing it. I was more interested in if the ghz edition has better parts on the card like some reviews say.
Playing: Dragon's Crown, MLB the Show 13, Pikmin 3, Project X Zone, ETS2
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571

User Info: reincarnator07

reincarnator07
3 years ago#5
It's likely that the GHz has a higher binned GPU and memory, but that's about it.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
3 years ago#6
Don't even bother with the GHz edition. The R9 280X coming out soon replaces it anyways.
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 7970 vs 7970ghz edition?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived