This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so is mozilla ever going to address their memory problems

#1xcmon3yx2Posted 10/3/2013 6:39:47 AM
firefox + long sessions of youtube = uncontrolled memory leaks. No wonder maleware creators love firefox, all that unallocated memory opens open a whole new world
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777
Let's Play, and Guides
#2ShubPosted 10/3/2013 6:42:20 AM
I blame Flash, not Firefox. Try using YouTube's HTML5 mode and see if it makes a difference.
Also, I have Firefox and Chrome running side by side and Chrome is using more memory, and I have less tabs open.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3Digital StormPosted 10/3/2013 6:53:16 AM
I've had Firefox open for 3 days now and I've viewed hundreds of Youtube videos and my memory usage is sitting just south of 400mb.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#4snesmaster40Posted 10/3/2013 6:54:24 AM
Shub posted...
I blame Flash, not Firefox. Try using YouTube's HTML5 mode and see if it makes a difference.
Also, I have Firefox and Chrome running side by side and Chrome is using more memory, and I have less tabs open.

This. It sounds like the flashplayer is going crazy as usual and taking up a lot of RAM.
---
Are we not men?
#5SlaynPosted 10/3/2013 6:56:27 AM
Pretty sure the TC is referring to the infamous id10t error.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#6SinisterSlayPosted 10/3/2013 7:16:38 AM
my firefox likes to use a gig of RAM, and chrome does the same, but only with a single tab.
It's irritating, with a single chrome tab open, chrome has spawned 6 processes.
Firefox has spawned one process.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7Ch3wyPosted 10/3/2013 7:18:23 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
my firefox likes to use a gig of RAM, and chrome does the same, but only with a single tab.

Firefox still hasn't separated its plugins into separate processes? That sucks.

And here I was thinking about switching back to it.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#8SinisterSlayPosted 10/3/2013 7:21:02 AM
Ch3wy posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Firefox still hasn't separated its plugins into separate processes? That sucks.

And here I was thinking about switching back to it.

I don't know, I'm on version 19 and no intention to update, I hate the new downloader.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9El MagnificoPosted 10/3/2013 7:26:21 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Firefox still hasn't separated its plugins into separate processes?

I think starting with Firefox 4 plug-ins have been running in a separate process.

#10cancerstormPosted 10/3/2013 8:51:34 AM
firefox's noscript is the best thing in the universe
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg