This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AMD R9-290x listed for $700+ @ Newegg

#11jrb363Posted 10/3/2013 9:33:37 AM
aak57 posted...
AMD = Finished

You better hope not. I would hate to wake up in a world where Intel has zero competition. Not to mention Nvidia. *shudders*
---
Mod: Preaching about black people's values, or lack thereof, is not going to win you any awards around here.
Me: lol
#12Trance_FanPosted 10/3/2013 9:42:04 AM
the card will be sold between $599-$699 depending on the vendor
---
i think it's nice
#13overkillwfo1978Posted 10/3/2013 10:31:41 AM(edited)
I'll wait til black friday or maybe longer to pull the trigger on a build. Want to see all the dust settle first on pricing of these new cards and also real benchmarks of these new AMD cards. It will be interesting for sure. At least Nvidia will have a bit of competition this time around.... hopefully.

Looking @ dual 4GB 770s, single SC 780 with option to SLI or R9-290X with ability to crossfire. Hopefully competition brings the prices down on all of these cards before I buy.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#14mrCubePosted 10/3/2013 10:32:52 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
CC Ricers posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
FinalForm7 posted...
Don't forget this includes BF4 AND premium.

I don't understand why they can't uninclude that crap. I don't want that game at all.

Just sell the BF4 key.

well duh I know that but it's extra trouble. you have to find someone interested and then make the transaction. then if you sell it online you gotta deal with fees, if you sell it on a forum then you gotta worry about getting ripped off, then CL I don't even want you use that because it will still be a hard sell because they may think you've used the code.

Just a pain in the ass. Would have been much easier just to not include the game.

Are you seriously, truly b****ing about getting a free game?

If you don't want it and you don't want to sell it, then just save the key in a text file and don't use it. Or don't save it. Or activate it on your Origin account and never play it. Jesus.
---
---
#15Jesse7777Posted 10/3/2013 11:00:31 AM
So for 699 I get the top of the line R9 290x, and I get the premium edition of BF4? Sounds like a good deal to me.
#16coolpal23Posted 10/3/2013 11:08:48 AM
mrCube posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
CC Ricers posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
FinalForm7 posted...
Don't forget this includes BF4 AND premium.

I don't understand why they can't uninclude that crap. I don't want that game at all.

Just sell the BF4 key.

well duh I know that but it's extra trouble. you have to find someone interested and then make the transaction. then if you sell it online you gotta deal with fees, if you sell it on a forum then you gotta worry about getting ripped off, then CL I don't even want you use that because it will still be a hard sell because they may think you've used the code.

Just a pain in the ass. Would have been much easier just to not include the game.

Are you seriously, truly b****ing about getting a free game?

If you don't want it and you don't want to sell it, then just save the key in a text file and don't use it. Or don't save it. Or activate it on your Origin account and never play it. Jesus.

---
|Asus Z77|Zotac 2Gb Gtx 770| 1866 8Gb G.skill| i5 3570K 3.4Ghz
Steam: Lyokofanatic. "Fact and fiction, where do you draw the line?"
#17Lonestar2000Posted 10/3/2013 11:15:52 AM
Geez, for that much you might as well get a 780 and enjoy the superior drivers.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#18ShineboxerPosted 10/3/2013 11:18:14 AM
Yep, thought so, Just gonna get another 780 and call it a day.
---
Intel Core i7-4770K | MSI Z87 MPOWER | MSi GTX780| G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD