This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Want to know the problem with PvP?

#1BogePosted 10/3/2013 9:42:53 AM
The problem with PvP is that you don't get to choose your difficulty. If you're getting scobbed, too bad. Play more for practice. Of course the problem with that is the people that are scobbing you play like 8-10 hours a day, so unless you want to do that, you're still going to get scobbed. If you want to chill and have a good casual Battlefield fight, too bad. You're playing on PvP difficulty where people get scobbed.

Yes, I suck at PvP. Yes, I want to play the new Battlefield games. How do I go about enjoying a specific game that has a major flaw like that in it?
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#2Ch3wyPosted 10/3/2013 9:46:48 AM
I have never heard the term scobbed before today.

Thank you for teaching me a new word.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#3DinglesteedPosted 10/3/2013 9:47:11 AM
Uh, either stick to playing the campaign or try to find a newb server. If that fails, Just play like every other noob and choose recon and play it exclusively as a sniper instead of helping the team...
---
Playing: Dragon's Crown, MLB the Show 13, Pikmin 3, Project X Zone, ETS2
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571
#4MaKhaosPosted 10/3/2013 9:51:10 AM
Easy, play Starcraft 2. That matchmaking system has got it down.
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#5jake-sfPosted 10/3/2013 9:51:51 AM
You don't. The older you get, the less appeal any of these games have. Well, on a personal level I still do well on most games I play compared to the masses. Its best to stick to new concepts and games where everybody is a beginner at the same time as you. That can have some lasting fun. Chivalry was fun, for instance. Until all the wannabe pro-clanner ruin every match, because hey, I only play once every week.

Kind of reminds me when I played Smash Brothers when I was younger. We only played it casually and had a lot of fun. Then a friend got so serious at the game and got competitive, it was never fun again. I've grown to be unappreciative of skilled people in PvP games. I'd rather just play people that DON'T play that specific game all day/week/month long.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#6ShubPosted 10/3/2013 9:52:20 AM
Why is that a "flaw"? That's a ridiculous notion.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#7NicodimusPosted 10/3/2013 10:06:08 AM
The problem with pvp is that other players are in your game. Screw that.
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#8JKatarnPosted 10/3/2013 10:34:09 AM
If you're connecting to a random server its a forgone possibility that you will be facing people that either a.) Do little else but play the game all day b.) Devote every free moment/a large amount of their free time to playing the game. Of course this means they will have more experience in the game, so you can either give up all semblance of a life to play a small subset of games, or you can simply try to find a server with like-minded players or accept that you will be defeated and try to learn something from each defeat.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#9JKatarnPosted 10/3/2013 10:35:33 AM
jake-sf posted...
You don't. The older you get, the less appeal any of these games have. Well, on a personal level I still do well on most games I play compared to the masses. Its best to stick to new concepts and games where everybody is a beginner at the same time as you. That can have some lasting fun. Chivalry was fun, for instance. Until all the wannabe pro-clanner ruin every match, because hey, I only play once every week.

Kind of reminds me when I played Smash Brothers when I was younger. We only played it casually and had a lot of fun. Then a friend got so serious at the game and got competitive, it was never fun again. I've grown to be unappreciative of skilled people in PvP games. I'd rather just play people that DON'T play that specific game all day/week/month long.

Good luck with that, lol.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#10staticxtreme5Posted 10/3/2013 10:42:07 AM
Or.... just suck less. Difficulty settings are stupid in PvP because then you would have people who are good setting themselves on easy or whatever and being bullet sponges or whatever benefit lowering the difficulty would have. If you cant spend a lot of time playing a game, that's understandable. What should be understandable to you, however; is that your going to be sub-par. It shouldn't be reason to get upset or even annoyed. Everything in life takes practice and experience to excel at, not just videogames.