This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Baldur's gate worth picking up now?

#1geno21Posted 10/3/2013 11:04:42 AM
Its 75% off on steam and a lot of people have told me its a really great game. My main concern is that it doesn't look like its aged well, it definitely looks like a sign of its times. Does this take away from it at all or is it still just as awesome as it always was? I usually don't judge a game on graphics because I grew up in the era with a lot of now-dated games like D2 and others that I just can't get into anymore because they feel a little dated now. How's this one stood the test of time?
---
Unintentionally following in the footsteps of The_Great_Geno
#2Fade2black001Posted 10/3/2013 11:07:52 AM
It will always be awesome. Best 3-5 bucks you will ever spend for hundreds of hours of gameplay. Don't forget to look up mods for the game as well.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#3YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/3/2013 11:09:19 AM
Not the Enhanced Edition, no. Gamersgate.com has the D&D Anthology on sale, like, once a month down pretty close to that. http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection

It's not got the Neverwinter Nights games, but it covers Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Temple of Elemental Evil, and all sequels and expansions.

Much better deal and usually goes down to, I think, $7.50. The Enhanced Edition of BG just throws on some bug fixes, a resolution mod and adds a couple new characters and one quest related to each of them.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya