This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It looks like Bioshock 2 on Steam just got updated.

#21CybercIawPosted 10/7/2013 7:39:24 PM
I had an old game-- did I automatically lose my save with the update?
---
"Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."
#22Doomsday Forte(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 7:46:59 PM
CybercIaw posted...
I had an old game-- did I automatically lose my save with the update?

If you mean BS2, you likely did. A friend had it happen to him. Lost his saves and all his achievements too. Since GFWL handled the saves, with it stripped out, then your saves are gone too. Or at least that's the impression I got. I have no idea if GFWL saved anything locally or if you'd be able to salvage anything from them, but my friend lost it all anyway.
---
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.
#23CybercIawPosted 10/7/2013 8:43:34 PM
Yeah, it's gone. I was about halfway though the story, but that was months ago, so maybe it's for the best.
---
"Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out."
#24GoldninjaPosted 10/7/2013 8:50:13 PM
Nice. Shows that the devs do care.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/ptxe9sf - River City Ransom Underground Kickstarter!
#25ThePonyColliePosted 10/7/2013 10:19:18 PM
So, if I download it now, I won't have to install G4WL?
#26DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/8/2013 12:27:42 AM
ThePonyCollie posted...

^fixed

And now you don't have to, that's correct.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#27Deaths_BladePosted 10/8/2013 12:38:24 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
ThePonyCollie posted...

^fixed

And now you don't have to, that's correct.

Wonderful! I wonder if it also works for the Dawn of War 2 games? Hate GFWL. Now, if only Origin was closed down and the content added to Steam, I could finally buy ME3 and DA2.
---
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV
#28FenriswolfPosted 10/8/2013 12:54:29 AM
LMAO, just came back from the Steam forums and I'm having a laugh. Once the initial GFWL bashing by Steam fanboys subsided, everyone's now complaining about constant sound stutters and crashes on DX10 mode, while my retail GFWL version still functions like a charm.
---
Hello
#29sonicteam2k1Posted 10/8/2013 5:37:34 AM(edited)
Doomsday Forte posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
I'm also concerned about Street Fighter X Tekken, Red Faction Guerrilla, Batman and Super Street Fighter IV. I hope they get this kind of update as well

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam#From_GFWL_to_Steamworks

Some good news, perhaps? The Batmans are in the process of conversion and SSF4...well, will get a paid DLC upgrade to remove it, I guess.

yeah I know about those but my main games I'm concerned about is Bulletstorm, SF X T, and Red Faction. I know Batman will be patched and it will suck if we have to pay Capcom to get the patch...

I mean if Digital Extremes can do all of this in a short amount of time, Epic/People Can Fly, and Capcom should have the resources to do this.

Red Faction we might be boned on though. I don't know who owns the rights and Volition is owned by Deep Silver now.

edit: looks like Nordic owns Red Faction but will they be willing to work on it? They're a small publishing team at about 15 or so people. I guess I could reach out to them just to see what they say.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#30sonicteam2k1Posted 10/8/2013 8:55:05 AM
I emailed Nordic to see if I could get a response about Red Faction Guerrilla.

Also Contacted EA support about Bulletstorm and as told that it would be patched to work without GFWL but they weren't sure how it would work for Steam since it's a competitor to Origin and the guy was just EA support. I assume they would patch it and just distributed it to Steam since they have some kind of agreement hence they still sell it on Steam. But I won't hold my breath.

I'll try to reach out to Capcom about SF X T later.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own