This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long do you think before the Xbox One's controller is supported by Windows?

#1JirynPosted 10/3/2013 2:41:07 PM
How long do you think before the Xbox One's controller is supported by Windows?

I know Microsoft claims it'll be in 2014, but I am sure the support will show up much sooner then that.
Since the controller does send data over a Micro USB cable, I can see where just plugging it in directly and it'll work.

The other support might be fore the wireless features of the controller.

Needless to say, while I don't support the system, I love the controller. The 360 was an amazing controller, and this one looks refined to a point of almost perfection.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#2VoelgerPosted 10/3/2013 4:37:02 PM
If they were smart day and date
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#3Sage_Of_IcePosted 10/3/2013 5:11:27 PM
Good luck even finding one. Microsoft can barely manufacture enough consoles, so they'll using all of the controllers for the bundles.
---
I've been in Troll form for so long...
#4YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/3/2013 5:21:35 PM
The console that is launching a month before the end of the year is totally going to get support for its controller added to windows "much sooner" than that.

I'm betting February-March.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#5Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 6:10:14 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
The console that is launching a month before the end of the year is totally going to get support for its controller added to windows "much sooner" than that.

I'm betting February-March.

As I said I think the physical cable connection will be just plug and play XINPUT, while the wireless mode may need a new driver and device to support it.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#6YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/3/2013 6:26:28 PM
Ah, but the Xbone doesn't natively use X-input, or else people wouldn't need to buy new controllers, arcade sticks and other inputs.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
#7kobalobasileusPosted 10/3/2013 6:42:23 PM
Considering MS's track record for ignoring the PC in favor of their horrible consoles, I don't know. If they said 2014, it will probably be some time in 2014.

I'm still waiting for them to release Windows drivers for the Xbox 360 Chatpad. >:(
#8electroflamePosted 10/3/2013 6:42:57 PM
Watch it require Windows 8.

"Hey guys, we've got this new controller for you!"
"Oh, and it requires Windows 8 -- but that's a good thing, right? Right? No, please! Come back! We love you!"
---
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame
#9Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 7:13:47 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
Ah, but the Xbone doesn't natively use X-input, or else people wouldn't need to buy new controllers, arcade sticks and other inputs.

I thought it did Natively use Xinput, but it has a communication chip.
Aka all XB1 controllers have a chip needed to communicate with the XB1, without it the device will not be recognized.
That's how the patents explained it anyways (Microsoft said 3rd party controller devs/companies need to relicense for the XB1 which caused a small uproar months ago. Where as 1 license = all Sony products)
---
#10YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/3/2013 8:36:13 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...

I thought it did Natively use Xinput, but it has a communication chip.
Aka all XB1 controllers have a chip needed to communicate with the XB1, without it the device will not be recognized.
That's how the patents explained it anyways (Microsoft said 3rd party controller devs/companies need to relicense for the XB1 which caused a small uproar months ago. Where as 1 license = all Sony products)

Yeah, and that's exactly how X-input works, too. A special USB controller that Microsoft owns the patents on. But, if it were still x-input, then it would be the same chip. It's more like X-input 2.0 or Z-Input, if you wanted to think of it that way. The difference between an original Xbox controller and a 360 pad. USB->X-input->X-input 2.0.
---