This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long do you think before the Xbox One's controller is supported by Windows?

#11Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 9:47:24 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...
Ah, but the Xbone doesn't natively use X-input, or else people wouldn't need to buy new controllers, arcade sticks and other inputs.

I thought it did Natively use Xinput, but it has a communication chip.
Aka all XB1 controllers have a chip needed to communicate with the XB1, without it the device will not be recognized.
That's how the patents explained it anyways (Microsoft said 3rd party controller devs/companies need to relicense for the XB1 which caused a small uproar months ago. Where as 1 license = all Sony products)

Yeah, and that's exactly how X-input works, too. A special USB controller that Microsoft owns the patents on. But, if it were still x-input, then it would be the same chip. It's more like X-input 2.0 or Z-Input, if you wanted to think of it that way. The difference between an original Xbox controller and a 360 pad. USB->X-input->X-input 2.0.

The question is, will games using Xinput recognize 2.0 controllers?
There were multiple games requiring Xinput controllers and wouldn't recognize or work correctly with anything else.
(DungeonLand, Sacred Citadel, Sonic Team Racing and a few others I could name off hand)
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#12YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/4/2013 11:12:55 AM
Microsoft basically has to design their own version of the xinput wrapper that recognizes the new version and tells games that it's the old version. Its something that I'm sure someone else will get working before they do.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#13MasterDonGeroPosted 10/4/2013 11:16:22 AM
electroflame posted...
Watch it require Windows 8.

"Hey guys, we've got this new controller for you!"
"Oh, and it requires Windows 8 -- but that's a good thing, right? Right? No, please! Come back! We love you!"

This is what I predicted in the last time someone made a thread about this.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#14Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 1:04:47 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
Microsoft basically has to design their own version of the xinput wrapper that recognizes the new version and tells games that it's the old version. Its something that I'm sure someone else will get working before they do.

My theory exactly.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#15johnny_payPosted 10/4/2013 4:02:36 PM
officially next year, unofficially less than a week.