This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Online DRM

#1Jon_GodPosted 10/3/2013 3:34:00 PM
Here is a company that made a sequel one of their flagship series from the 90s, a single player game, and added online DRM.

Not only this, but they developed their own digital store trying get people to buy digitally, and no matter what, have to play their own games through their store and network, which no one wanted.

They also have slowly moved their focus from single player games which made them famous in the first place, to freemium games, and multiplayer focused games.

As a company the've continually to not respond to fan requests to bring back their old series.

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you Valve.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#2Lemur_HPosted 10/3/2013 3:37:27 PM
Sounds pretty good.
#3CatToyPosted 10/3/2013 3:37:38 PM
Pretty much.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#4Knight2520Posted 10/3/2013 3:43:08 PM(edited)
Hey, new AND original. Hooray for blanket statements.
---
If AMD goes down Intel might safely release i9 for $300 and i7 for $200 and i5 for $100 and i3 for free. - su27Chaos<
#5steveboblarryPosted 10/3/2013 3:54:13 PM
Jon_God posted...
Here is a company that made a sequel one of their flagship series from the 90s, a single player game, and added online DRM.

Not only this, but they developed their own digital store trying get people to buy digitally, and no matter what, have to play their own games through their store and network, which no one wanted.

They also have slowly moved their focus from single player games which made them famous in the first place, to freemium games, and multiplayer focused games.

As a company the've continually to not respond to fan requests to bring back their old series.

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you Valve.

Without Valve pc gaming would not be the powerhouse it is now.
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#6StormKMDPosted 10/3/2013 3:54:55 PM
Jon_God posted...

You get a C for grammar errors.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#7MaximoomPosted 10/3/2013 3:59:55 PM
I was thinking about EA till i readed the last phrase.
#8SteamsterPosted 10/3/2013 4:30:46 PM
Cry more ya pathetic scrub.
#9MarikhenPosted 10/3/2013 7:26:36 PM
Jon_God posted...

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring you Blizzard.

FTFY.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#10FenriswolfPosted 10/4/2013 5:15:08 AM
TC hit the nail in the head. Steam fanboys love to b**** about how evil DRM is yet try to shove Steamworks down everyone else's throats.
---
Hello