This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After 8 years, what do you take away from this generation?

#51StarksPosted 10/4/2013 7:03:22 AM(edited)
Gen went on for far too long

Technology is moving at such a rapid pace now and I'd much rather see a 4 year or less gen

There needs to be a major disruption in console tech where new ones will come out as often as people buy a new computer or phone.
---
#otchat ~ https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/otchat
Mods/Gods 2013
#52johnny_payPosted 10/4/2013 7:03:42 AM
what i take away is this, games have been crap since 2007!
#53kobalobasileusPosted 10/4/2013 10:10:22 AM
Mainstream sensibilities have become fully ingrained, and the only way to get games that appeal to gamers is to go Indie.
#54A_Vengeful_PiePosted 10/4/2013 2:01:05 PM
Interfusor posted...
The extraordinarily helpful tip you get when the game is auto saving. "Don't turn off your computer when the game is saving."

WELL MAYBE I WILL.

You... you're a madman!
---
---
i7-3930k | ASUS IV Rampage Extreme | GTX TITAN | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB WD Black | Corsair 800D
#55CaliberChampPosted 10/8/2013 7:06:59 AM
I learned that the gaming community is stupid and biased. When I was a teen call of duty was just a generic war game, I can't understand why there is so much sales on it today. I also don't understand how LoL could become so big, especially now with better mobas out now. It all comes down to word of mouth advertising, if your friends play it then you feel like you should as well. Too many followers this gen and not enough individual thinkers like in the 90s to early 2000s.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman Arkham city
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z, EVE Online.
#56_Zero1_Posted 10/8/2013 7:53:01 AM
Ultimate_Umbreo posted...
Battlefield will never be as good as it once was

This. OMG this, since they turned it into a "me too" title to attempt to compete with CoD, it has been absolute ass
---
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7950| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W8| 700GB HDD
#57Zohar_MetatronPosted 10/8/2013 8:11:50 AM
-That the industry itself is broken, it doesn't know who its audience is/what its audience wants, and it's built itself a publishing/marketing/distribution system that just cannot be maintained for much longer without something giving way (quite possibly several entire companies)

-That gamers are mostly embarrassing, don't know what they want, don't know what was actually good about the classics they claimed to love, and are mostly a bunch of entitled crybabies

-That shooting men from a first-person perspective just isn't engaging at all anymore. Other first-person things, sure! But not gunplay.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.