This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you buy physical for PC anymore?

#71r0ge00Posted 10/4/2013 9:35:12 AM
Nicodimus posted...
Buying a game twice is not very smart in my book, let alone buying many games twice.

It all depends on your priorities. You can sell the physical to offset the cost (might even break even or profit if you find them on sale). You also obtain the space back from the physical no longer being in your possession. Might not be much, but it can add up. I have boxes full of console games and they take up a good amount of space.
#72BasilVZeroPosted 10/4/2013 9:35:17 AM
Never did, never will.
---
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BasilZero
#73KalkanoPosted 10/4/2013 9:37:42 AM
The ONLY time I ever buy digital, is if there is absolutely no way to buy a physical copy. I need to know that, if worse comes to worse, and the company I bought it from goes out of business, and my PC crashes, I can still reinstall and play the game.
---
Re-playing: Shining Force 3: Scenario 3 (in English), Final Fantasy 7 (PC, Modded)
Playing for the first time: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Phantasy Star 3
#74dudkodimaPosted 10/4/2013 9:57:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#75CardigansFanPosted 10/4/2013 10:12:56 AM
r0ge00 posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Buying a game twice is not very smart in my book, let alone buying many games twice.

It all depends on your priorities. You can sell the physical to offset the cost (might even break even or profit if you find them on sale). You also obtain the space back from the physical no longer being in your possession. Might not be much, but it can add up. I have boxes full of console games and they take up a good amount of space.

This. Also consider the added security of digital copies - if your house gets robbed, burned down, other stuff that can be out of control, etc, you can just redownload the games on a new computer.
---
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
Xperia Z Ultra 16GB Black * Sharp Actius MM20 * Samsung NX20 * AKA Magus77
#76NicodimusPosted 10/4/2013 10:16:32 AM
CardigansFan posted...
r0ge00 posted...
Nicodimus posted...

This. Also consider the added security of digital copies - if your house gets robbed, burned down, other stuff that can be out of control, etc, you can just redownload the games on a new computer.

Consider also that digital games are not allowed to be downloaded infinite times on new PCs. If you have the discs, you never have to worry about that. (This is true of games that were actually on the disc and didn't require any downloads, of course.)
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#77xanthan1Posted 10/4/2013 10:20:02 AM
Nicodimus posted...
CardigansFan posted...
r0ge00 posted...
Nicodimus posted...

Consider also that digital games are not allowed to be downloaded infinite times on new PCs. If you have the discs, you never have to worry about that. (This is true of games that were actually on the disc and didn't require any downloads, of course.)

Except only certain games do that? Hell they have something similar for disc based games also, and by similar I mean the exact same install limit.
#78NicodimusPosted 10/4/2013 10:22:25 AM
xanthan1 posted...
Hell they have something similar for disc based games also, and by similar I mean the exact same install limit.

Huh. Never seen it myself, or heard of an install limit of disc games (ones that don't require downloads.)
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#79nodleyPosted 10/4/2013 10:23:44 AM
No I pirate
#80strifer2020Posted 10/4/2013 10:42:22 AM
Some games I get from Steam, some games I get physical copies, especially the special ones that I give away as gifts to friends.

... like Saya no Uta.
---
God enabled you to look at the world by giving you eyes, but... this also enables the world to look into you...