This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I kind of dread the file size of next gen games for pc.

#21KeyeszxPosted 10/4/2013 12:39:16 AM
Annihilated posted...
Enigma149 posted...
Of course file sizes will grow.

That said, internet speeds will rise, and storage space will grow, too.

lol, as if.

seconded

But of course storage space will grow. I feel by the time we're dealing full force with these games we'll have a petabyte.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#22claytonbuckleyPosted 10/4/2013 12:48:41 AM
You speak as if all other technology will remain as is while games advance.

Internet speed alone, in the past 10 years i have gone from dial up to 100Mb/s fibre. Gone from 1gb HDD to 1TB HDD and SSDs.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#23Pepys MonsterPosted 10/4/2013 12:56:54 AM
Internet speeds will remain the same, but people will be paying more for data caps.
---
i5-3570K | AMD 7850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 1866 | ASRock Z77 | Intel 330 240GB | 2x2TB HDDs | Antec 650W 80+ Platinum | Windows 7 | Blu-Ray combo burner | Asus Xonar DX
#24AsellusPosted 10/4/2013 1:47:59 AM
Said media will cause pc games to be about anywhere from 10-30gigs+ packed for download.
*cringe*

Kind of already a thing.
#25LostHisHardcorePosted 10/4/2013 1:56:39 AM
claytonbuckley posted...

Internet speed alone, in the past 10 years i have gone from dial up to 100Mb/s fibre.

Yeah in South Korea or some cities.
---
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate!"
"I'm you, I'm your shadow!"
#26claytonbuckleyPosted 10/4/2013 2:19:05 AM
LostHisHardcore posted...
claytonbuckley posted...

Internet speed alone, in the past 10 years i have gone from dial up to 100Mb/s fibre.

Brisbane Australia one of those cities? Because that's where i am. Don't be such a cynic.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#27LostHisHardcorePosted 10/4/2013 2:22:17 AM
Well maybe one day areas outside of London will get those speeds, we all live hope after all
---
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate!"
"I'm you, I'm your shadow!"
#28SenkoyPosted 10/4/2013 2:30:09 AM
It's not like you have to have all of your games installed at once. Install what you don't intend on playing again. Not to mention drives will keep getting bigger and cheaper. Only issue might be internet speed, but that just means you'll have to wait a few more hours before you can play your games. Not a big deal.
---
My fight stick: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
My team combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoD7BvGUOE
#29SlaynPosted 10/4/2013 3:13:10 AM
claytonbuckley posted...
claytonbuckley posted...

Brisbane Australia one of those cities? Because that's where i am. Don't be such a cynic.

He is probably referring to America, where our internet is crap. We just have bad infrastructure, and there are actually many rural areas all in middle US, some of which are stuck with dial up or satellite.

Hell, I live in Orange County, pretty nice area, and no one wants to bother upgrading the lines in my area, stuck at 15MB for $50.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#30Skul_Posted 10/4/2013 3:30:14 AM
Slayn posted...
claytonbuckley posted...
claytonbuckley posted...

He is probably referring to America, where our internet is crap. We just have bad infrastructure, and there are actually many rural areas all in middle US, some of which are stuck with dial up or satellite.

Hell, I live in Orange County, pretty nice area, and no one wants to bother upgrading the lines in my area, stuck at 15MB for $50.

Australia isnt much better than the US, inferstructure wise. However, because there is more than one ISP in each city we get better prices and more competitiveness. It was going to change and we were going to get 1Gbps fibre rolled out accross australia, but now the liberal party is in government thats not happening yet. ):
---
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000