This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Complete List of GFWL Titles that need to be Patched Out (please sticky)

#1ECOsvaldoPosted 10/4/2013 3:42:42 AM
Here's the complete list of titles that use Games for Windows Live and needs to be patched out:

007: Quantum of Solace
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon – Enhanced Edition [S]
AFL Live: Game of the Year Edition
Age of Empires Online
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham Asylum – Game of the Year Edition [S]
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition [S]
Battle vs. Chess
Battlestations: Pacific [S]
BioShock 2 [S]
Blacklight: Tango Down [S]
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Bulletstorm [S]
CarneyVale: Showtime
The Club [S]
Colin McRae: Dirt 2 [S]
Crash Time 4: The Syndicate
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition [S]
Dark Void [S]
Dead Rising 2 [S]
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record [S]
DiRT 3 [S]
F1 2011 [S]
Fable III [S]
Fallout 3 [S]
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition [S]
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage [S]
Fuel [S]
Game Room
Gears of War
Gotham City Impostors [S]
Grand Theft Auto IV [S]
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition [S]
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City [S]
Halo 2 for Windows Vista
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet [S]
Iron Brigade [S]
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men [S]
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition [S]
Lost Planet 2 [S]
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Microsoft Flight
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection [S]
Ms. Splosion Man [S]
Operation Flashpoint: Red River [S]
Osmos [S]
Red Faction: Guerrilla [S]
Resident Evil 5 [S]
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City [S]
Rugby League Live
Section 8 [S]
Section 8: Prejudice [S]
Shadowrun
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Republic Heroes [S]
Stormrise [S]
Street Fighter IV [S]
Street Fighter X Tekken [S]
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition [S]
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends [S]
Toy Soldiers [S]
Tron: Evolution
Universe at War: Earth Assault [S]
Vancouver 2010
Virtua Tennis 4 [S]
Viva Piñata
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II [S]
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Chaos Rising [S]
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Gold Edition [S]
Where’s Waldo? The Fantastic Journey
World of Goo [S]

Any title designated with an [S] means it's also available on Steam. Can anyone confirm on some of these titles that GFWL has already been patched out?
---
PSN ID: ecosvaldo | 3DS Friend Code: 2707-1633-0103 | PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ABH
#2TheWhoFanPosted 10/4/2013 4:11:02 AM
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam#Games_for_Windows_Live
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#3FenriswolfPosted 10/4/2013 6:07:45 AM
Steam fanboys should stop pushing their DRM of choice down everyone else's throats, IMO. I completed Bioshock 2 more than 3 years ago and I didn't b**** about DRM.
---
Hello
#4capgamerPosted 10/4/2013 6:14:31 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
Steam fanboys should stop pushing their DRM of choice down everyone else's throats, IMO. I completed Bioshock 2 more than 3 years ago and I didn't b**** about DRM.

You don't know? That DRM that nobody is supposed to complain about means that all the listed games here will become completely unplayable without any action from Microsoft/the developers. Microsoft is closing down GamesForWindowsLive permanently next year. Any games that used it will be unplayable without modifications.

DRM is pretty great, huh?
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#5ElDudorinoPosted 10/4/2013 6:18:28 AM(edited)
Fenriswolf posted...

You should maybe read up on GFWL before you post things like this. It has seriously crippled a lot of games and caused crashes, install grief, disappearing saved games, temporary lock-out and other issues that have caused a lot of buyers to actually pirate games they already own just so they don't have to deal with the misery. This isn't about people cramming Steam down anybody's throats; it's about GFWL being a plague on computer games.

EDIT: And no longer supported. That too.
#6steveboblarryPosted 10/4/2013 6:24:02 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7Relentless639Posted 10/4/2013 6:36:02 AM
>eating that bait

I want to get
Dark Souls
GTA4 trilogy if also doesn't require any R* account
and MAYBE Ace Combat AH
when they get rid of GFWL.
But how will they patch it out? I could maybe even accept using GFWL, and extra DRM along with Steam, if they only allowed me total control over the save files. But they gotta be poopers...
#8EternalFlame66Posted 10/4/2013 6:50:21 AM
Fenriswolf posted...

shut the hell up you haven't a clue. GFWL is the worst thing to happen to PC gaming.
---
Such is your fate.
#9ECOsvaldo(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 7:02:53 AM
Fenriswolf posted...

I guess you didn't read my post thoroughly. Any game that is listed there with an [S] is ALSO AVAILABLE on Steam. As far as I'm concerned, I NEVER stated or said about "pushing my DRM of choice down everyone else's throats." This is meant as an informational topic. Next time, FULLY READ AND UNDERSTAND the topic before you make any comments that will make you look like a three-year old!
---
PSN ID: ecosvaldo | 3DS Friend Code: 2707-1633-0103 | PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ABH
#10ArthasRebornPosted 10/4/2013 7:09:44 AM
Fenriswolf posted...

The biggest issue with GFWL right now is that it will no longer be supported within the next year. As in, they're shutting down the servers. It will render some games unplayable and others crippled in features.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn
http://i.imgur.com/0Zamww5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PDgXlnY.jpg