This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Complete List of GFWL Titles that need to be Patched Out (please sticky)

#31StormKMDPosted 10/4/2013 10:14:54 AM
poopninjamvc3mk posted...
StormKMD posted...
Doomsday Forte posted...
Bioshock 2 on Steam no longer has GFWL DRM, I believe.

This is why I'm starting to play it again. Just downloaded it last night, can't wait. Thank goodness for Valve.

No thank goodness for Digital Extremes and 2k for patching the game also adding controller support at the same time.

Oh, they did that? Thought it was Valve...
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#32xanthan1Posted 10/4/2013 10:23:59 AM
StormKMD posted...
StormKMD posted...
Doomsday Forte posted...

This is why I'm starting to play it again. Just downloaded it last night, can't wait. Thank goodness for Valve.

No thank goodness for Digital Extremes and 2k for patching the game also adding controller support at the same time.

You do get Valve has no control over what DRM is in a game, right?
#33FenriswolfPosted 10/4/2013 2:32:21 PM
LMAO, the Steam forum users are complaining about Bioshock 2 now constantly crashing and they have to disable the Steam overlay to simply play the game, XD.
---
Hello
#34wizardmonPosted 10/4/2013 2:35:50 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
LMAO, XD.

LMFAO people replying to a GFWL apologist.
I'm not seeing nearly enough monopoly in your posts lately, did you finally read the dictionary article on what that word means?
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#35Darkking4Posted 10/4/2013 2:37:15 PM
Great now the only games now that I need to be patched are
Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Fallout 3, Gta IV, Bulletstorm and Dirt 2
---
EVGA GTX 760 - i5 750 - G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600 - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Antec 300 Illusion- Gigabyte P55A-UD3- Antec Earthwatts 650W- AOC 21.5" 1920x1080
#36JKatarnPosted 10/4/2013 2:55:31 PM
ECOsvaldo posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
Steam fanboys should stop pushing their DRM of choice down everyone else's throats, IMO. I completed Bioshock 2 more than 3 years ago and I didn't b**** about DRM.

I guess you didn't read my post thoroughly. Any game that is listed there with an [S] is ALSO AVAILABLE on Steam. As far as I'm concerned, I NEVER stated or said about "pushing my DRM of choice down everyone else's throats." This is meant as an informational topic. Next time, FULLY READ AND UNDERSTAND the topic before you make any comments that will make you look like a three-year old!

Being available on Steam doesn't mean anything as I have Fallout 3 on Steam and it still requires GFWL, so would still require devs patching that DRM out to function.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#37JKatarnPosted 10/4/2013 2:57:16 PM
xanthan1 posted...
StormKMD posted...
StormKMD posted...
Doomsday Forte posted...

You do get Valve has no control over what DRM is in a game, right?

These are the same people that say "Valve should fix game X" etc. - Valve just hosts files, they have no control over DRM/Stability/Bugginess of games, that's up to individual devs to fix.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#38arleasPosted 10/4/2013 3:01:07 PM
I have Fallout 3 on Steam and it still requires GFWL,

Requires is a strong word... especially since I was able to play it completely without ever logging into GFWL.

It requires GFWL if you give a s*** about the GFWL achievements... Maybe it requires it if you bought the DLC through GFWL? (I didn't so I have no idea).

I just know that I was able to finish a complete playthrough of Fallout 3 without GFWL years ago when I first purchased it. (in 2009).
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2309944238.png
#39d209999Posted 10/4/2013 3:17:38 PM
Any topic that has (please sticky) in the title is automatically not worthy of being stickied.
---
*under construction*
#40CC RicersPosted 10/4/2013 3:26:20 PM
There may be hope for fighting game fans

http://www.fightvg.com/2013/09/capcom-looking-into-solutions-for-sfxt.html

Capcom looking to keep online play without GFWL. Have no clue how much the netcode is tied into this service.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!