This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help me get over MMO addiction..

#11r0ge00Posted 10/4/2013 10:03:37 AM
Nicodimus posted...
MMORPGs are not worth it unless you have real life friends that play with you, especially with voice chat. Making friends online is just not the same. They come and go quickly.

Maybe I'm an outlier, but I have many friends that I started playing WoW with 5+ years ago that I still have constant contact with today. I knew none of them IRL when I met them. I've visited quite a few of them over the years. Really awesome people.
#12gamewizard11Posted 10/4/2013 10:08:14 AM
Embrace the darkness. Your life is the MMO now. Abandon reason and succumb to your desires. You know you want it.
---
don't have a waifu. 2D is just too mainstream and 1D is not even visible.
#13JudgmenlPosted 10/4/2013 10:18:35 AM
Well you'll never actually beat the game if you don't join a guild. That's why I stopped playing all MMOs that have guild required gameplay.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - Popularity =/= Quality.
http://puu.sh/4AoGC.png - Opinions =/= Truth.
#14NicodimusPosted 10/4/2013 10:19:24 AM
r0ge00 posted...
Nicodimus posted...
MMORPGs are not worth it unless you have real life friends that play with you, especially with voice chat. Making friends online is just not the same. They come and go quickly.

Maybe I'm an outlier, but I have many friends that I started playing WoW with 5+ years ago that I still have constant contact with today. I knew none of them IRL when I met them. I've visited quite a few of them over the years. Really awesome people.

I'm sure that's possible, although I don't think it's typical of the average experience.
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#15KidInTheHallPosted 10/4/2013 10:21:51 AM
Try autoerotic asphyxiation.

It may cure you for a while or...forever.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#16SinisterSlayPosted 10/4/2013 10:44:36 AM
Go outside and kill 500 ants and collect their legs, then give them to the old lady in the next town.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#17Digital StormPosted 10/4/2013 10:55:50 AM
Nicodimus posted...

I've known my guild mates from WoW for almost nine years now.

As for the topic at hand, simply stop playing or slowly ween yourself off it and pick up a new addicting game to play. That's what I did, and it's worked out fairly well for me. I log into WoW occasionally to say hi and check mail but that's it.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#18staticxtreme5Posted 10/4/2013 12:52:14 PM
Give me a dollar and your address and character name online and every time I see you online I'll come over and drop kick you in the nuts.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#19_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 10/4/2013 1:49:49 PM
It is a shame . A lot of people come to hate things, including games, because they have no restraint. It is almost like because they like something so much they can not enjoy it.

I want to say just play in moderation, but if that is not an option, just stop playing this and opt for something else that is just as fun but not as intensive or demanding in terms of time.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#20StopthinkPosted 10/4/2013 2:36:44 PM(edited)
Sure no problem

You're on the path to being a total loser.

Nothing you do in game matters at all, even within the game your own actions mean nothing as the rewards are pointlessly rewritten as you receive them.

Even when you have a brief moment to enjoy your rewards, there's really nothing to enjoy as the only interesting aspect in achieving them was the tedious grind that only had a false sense of interest because of the useless reward. All aspects of the game are false and unrewarding in the end.

Other games can be just as fun and do not require a huge time investment.

You have a huge back log of games, better get on that buddy.

You are wasting years of your life that you will never get back. Instead of accomplishing real things in the real world like learning something tangibly rewarding, you are working to achieve essentially nothing meaningful.

Square Enix sucks, you are supporting an idiotic organization that should be put to death. You are preventing their death by paying to play their worthless game.

All of your ingame friends are probably losers as well. Stop talking to them. They probably smell and if you met them in real life you wouldn't want to talk to them.

You smell. God you smell. Go take a bath what is wrong with you? This game is making you smell.

Your parents are ashamed of you.

Your dog is ashamed of you. Even a dog is ashamed of you. Go take a bath.

Also, uninstall the game. Can't log on if you uninstall it.