This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help me get over MMO addiction..

#21Jason_25Posted 10/4/2013 1:37:01 PM
I think you should grow to see games in a more cynical way. You should understand that you are just a cog in this machine that very smart people have created for you. You should want to break away from that idea and do things that truly interest you and allow for you to improve yourself.

Also check out the Southpark episode on World of Warcraft, and see if you are becoming the stereotypical MMORPG guy. That episode scared me into never seriously playing an MMORPG.
#22steveboblarryPosted 10/4/2013 1:37:22 PM
Stopthink posted...
Sure no problem

You're on the path to being a total loser.

Nothing you do in game matters at all, even within the game your own actions mean nothing as the rewards are pointlessly rewritten as you receive them.

Even when you have a brief moment to enjoy your rewards, there's really nothing to enjoy as the only interesting aspect in achieving them was the tedious grind that only had a false sense of interest because of the useless reward. All aspects of the game are false and unrewarding in the end.

Other games can be just as fun and do not require a huge time investment.

You have a huge back log of games, better get on that buddy.

You are wasting years of your life that you will never get back. Instead of accomplishing real things in the real world like learning something tangibly rewarding, you are working to achieve essentially nothing meaningful.

Square Enix sucks, you are supporting an idiotic organization that should be put to death. You are preventing their death by paying to play their worthless game.

All of your ingame friends are probably losers as well. Stop talking to them. They probably smell and if you met them in real life you wouldn't want to talk to them.

You smell. God you smell. Go take a bath what is wrong with you? This game is making you smell.

Your parents are ashamed of you.

Your dog is ashamed of you. Even a dog is ashamed of you. Go take a bath.

Also, uninstall the game. Can't log on if you uninstall it.

Damn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAvXbAJjMxM
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#23NicodimusPosted 10/4/2013 1:43:48 PM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
It is a shame . A lot of people come to hate things, including games, because they have no restraint. It is almost like because they like something so much they can not enjoy it.

I want to say just play in moderation, but if that is not an option, just stop playing this and opt for something else that is just as fun but not as intensive or demanding in terms of time.

MMORPGs are not built to be played in moderation. They are designed to be played obsessively.
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#24RequiemPosted 10/4/2013 1:51:40 PM
Nicodimus posted...
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
It is a shame . A lot of people come to hate things, including games, because they have no restraint. It is almost like because they like something so much they can not enjoy it.

I want to say just play in moderation, but if that is not an option, just stop playing this and opt for something else that is just as fun but not as intensive or demanding in terms of time.

MMORPGs are not built to be played in moderation. They are designed to be played obsessively.

This. That's their basic game design, after all.

Anyways, here you go:

http://www.kyleboddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/exercise.png

Go level up the real you instead of the video game avatar.
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#25o0stoneduk0oPosted 10/4/2013 3:42:50 PM
Get out while you still can. I played wow for probably around a years real time. I did enjoy it I guess, lots of laughs and met some great people on that game, but still, a whole year! Not sure if I regret it or not really. But ffiv is no wow, in my opinion there will be no mmo that can come close to the fun of wow (for me) I mean it sucks now but back in the day it was great. Or maybe its just that everyone I used to know ont he server has moved on now...anyway im rambling, if you want to spend a hell of a lot of time doing repetitive tasks then go ahead and do it.
---
I don't smoke dope, I don't drink bourbon, all I want to do is shake my turban.
#26AlexTheNextOnePosted 10/4/2013 6:51:47 PM
Jason_25 posted...
I think you should grow to see MMORPGs in a more cynical way. You should understand that you are just a cog in this machine that very smart people have created for you. You should want to break away from that idea and do things that truly interest you and allow for you to improve yourself.

MMORPGs and Skinner Box mechanics. Definitely inform yourself and do some reading on that.
---
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
~
#27Benjamin_Button(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 8:04:06 AM
Stopthink posted...
Sure no problem

You're on the path to being a total loser.

Nothing you do in game matters at all, even within the game your own actions mean nothing as the rewards are pointlessly rewritten as you receive them.

Even when you have a brief moment to enjoy your rewards, there's really nothing to enjoy as the only interesting aspect in achieving them was the tedious grind that only had a false sense of interest because of the useless reward. All aspects of the game are false and unrewarding in the end.

Other games can be just as fun and do not require a huge time investment.

You have a huge back log of games, better get on that buddy.

You are wasting years of your life that you will never get back. Instead of accomplishing real things in the real world like learning something tangibly rewarding, you are working to achieve essentially nothing meaningful.

Square Enix sucks, you are supporting an idiotic organization that should be put to death. You are preventing their death by paying to play their worthless game.

All of your ingame friends are probably losers as well. Stop talking to them. They probably smell and if you met them in real life you wouldn't want to talk to them.

You smell. God you smell. Go take a bath what is wrong with you? This game is making you smell.

Your parents are ashamed of you.

Your dog is ashamed of you. Even a dog is ashamed of you. Go take a bath.

Also, uninstall the game. Can't log on if you uninstall it.

this...t....t...this ....... worked!

THANK YOU MY LOVE!

i am cured!

Back to Rogue Legacy! :)
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#28The__QPosted 10/5/2013 8:18:17 AM
Give me your account info and I will gladly do something rediculous/offensive that gets you banned.

PM me ill be waiting m8 gl