This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which controller do you prefer, Playstation or Xbox?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which controller do you prefer, Playstation or Xbox?
3 years ago#1
I know this is a PC board and thats why I want to hear from neutral users which controller they think is better?

Personally, I owned a 360 with a PC for a long time and I think Xbox's controller is the best controller ever made... I felt that playstations controller was so small and the analog sticks + the triggers were annoying. My problem is I plan on switching to the PS4 this year and I just wish they had Xbones controller...

Its going to be interesting to use the PS4's plug and play controller with the PC...
3 years ago#2
Xbone
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
3 years ago#3
No preference
3 years ago#4
The 360 controller is indeed great. It feels good and has a nice heft to it, in addition to having excellent triggers and a functional stick layout... but that D-pad, it's crap =P

(I don't have one of the new revisions so I can't say if it's any better)

The PS controller's D-pad is leaps and bounds better than the 360's and I don't mind the controller's shape or stick placement.

Don't make me choose!

... actually come to think of it, I don't have to since I have one of each plugged into my gaming PC =)

If someone could take all the good points of the 360 controller, meld it with the good points of the PS controller, then throw a bit of the Japanese Saturn controller's goodness in there... well now, we might then have the greatest controller ever made!
3 years ago#5
I prefer the dual shock, mainly because the dpad on the 360 controller is terribad. The X1 one looks like it will fix this, so I'm tempted.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
3 years ago#6
gamecube ...
Painful Slow Death To Incompetent Junglers
3 years ago#7
UberLurker posted...
The 360 controller is indeed great. It feels good and has a nice heft to it, in addition to having excellent triggers and a functional stick layout... but that D-pad, it's crap =P

(I don't have one of the new revisions so I can't say if it's any better)

The PS controller's D-pad is leaps and bounds better than the 360's and I don't mind the controller's shape or stick placement.

Don't make me choose!

... actually come to think of it, I don't have to since I have one of each plugged into my gaming PC =)

If someone could take all the good points of the 360 controller, meld it with the good points of the PS controller, then throw a bit of the Japanese Saturn controller's goodness in there... well now, we might then have the greatest controller ever made!

your good you!

i had a sega saturn...unfortunately choose it over a playstation at the time...but it was ok
3 years ago#8
Dual shock.
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
3 years ago#9
I'm cool with either one but I'm a bit more used to the PS3 controller. It takes a little getting used to going back to R1 and L1 to aim and shoot as opposed to 360 triggers but that's about it. I also like the PS3 d-pad, it's so much better.
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
3 years ago#10
Last controllers I used in order
PS2
Wii
n64
SNES

So of that list, PS2.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which controller do you prefer, Playstation or Xbox?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived