This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which controller do you prefer, Playstation or Xbox?

#1QUIKPosted 10/4/2013 12:43:33 PM
I know this is a PC board and thats why I want to hear from neutral users which controller they think is better?

Personally, I owned a 360 with a PC for a long time and I think Xbox's controller is the best controller ever made... I felt that playstations controller was so small and the analog sticks + the triggers were annoying. My problem is I plan on switching to the PS4 this year and I just wish they had Xbones controller...

Its going to be interesting to use the PS4's plug and play controller with the PC...
#2steveboblarryPosted 10/4/2013 12:44:09 PM
Xbone
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#3SteamsterPosted 10/4/2013 12:52:53 PM
No preference
#4UberLurkerPosted 10/4/2013 12:53:12 PM
The 360 controller is indeed great. It feels good and has a nice heft to it, in addition to having excellent triggers and a functional stick layout... but that D-pad, it's crap =P

(I don't have one of the new revisions so I can't say if it's any better)

The PS controller's D-pad is leaps and bounds better than the 360's and I don't mind the controller's shape or stick placement.

Don't make me choose!

... actually come to think of it, I don't have to since I have one of each plugged into my gaming PC =)

If someone could take all the good points of the 360 controller, meld it with the good points of the PS controller, then throw a bit of the Japanese Saturn controller's goodness in there... well now, we might then have the greatest controller ever made!
#5reincarnator07Posted 10/4/2013 12:54:18 PM
I prefer the dual shock, mainly because the dpad on the 360 controller is terribad. The X1 one looks like it will fix this, so I'm tempted.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#6dennis941012Posted 10/4/2013 12:55:39 PM
gamecube ...
---
Painful Slow Death To Incompetent Junglers
#7QUIK(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 1:03:28 PM
UberLurker posted...
The 360 controller is indeed great. It feels good and has a nice heft to it, in addition to having excellent triggers and a functional stick layout... but that D-pad, it's crap =P

(I don't have one of the new revisions so I can't say if it's any better)

The PS controller's D-pad is leaps and bounds better than the 360's and I don't mind the controller's shape or stick placement.

Don't make me choose!

... actually come to think of it, I don't have to since I have one of each plugged into my gaming PC =)

If someone could take all the good points of the 360 controller, meld it with the good points of the PS controller, then throw a bit of the Japanese Saturn controller's goodness in there... well now, we might then have the greatest controller ever made!

your good you!

i had a sega saturn...unfortunately choose it over a playstation at the time...but it was ok
#8DerPancakePosted 10/4/2013 1:04:03 PM
Dual shock.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#9akuma634Posted 10/4/2013 2:15:32 PM
I'm cool with either one but I'm a bit more used to the PS3 controller. It takes a little getting used to going back to R1 and L1 to aim and shoot as opposed to 360 triggers but that's about it. I also like the PS3 d-pad, it's so much better.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#10SinisterSlayPosted 10/4/2013 2:23:13 PM
Last controllers I used in order
PS2
Wii
n64
SNES

So of that list, PS2.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence