This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did EA fix that garbage of a broken game known as SimCity yet?

#11DerPancakePosted 10/4/2013 1:07:18 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
So, they can't increase the city size, but hackers can.

That's awesome.

They can, but they said not everyone can handle it.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#12QUIK(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 1:09:14 PM
what a dumb company i hate them.
#13SinisterSlayPosted 10/4/2013 1:12:10 PM
DerPancake posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
So, they can't increase the city size, but hackers can.

That's awesome.

They can, but they said not everyone can handle it.

They need to take a page from the book the devs for the X3 and X-Rebirth games and design a game that can look and run as good as it can, then wait for the hardware to catch up.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#14Rexdragon125Posted 10/4/2013 1:27:06 PM
Pirates have already figured out how to make it offline only, and have bigger cities. Maybe EA should ask them.
#15KillerTrufflePosted 10/4/2013 1:32:48 PM
Rexdragon125 posted...
Pirates have already figured out how to make it offline only, and have bigger cities. Maybe EA should ask them.

It's not a matter of not knowing how... They know how. The mandatory online stuff is completely obvious it was a BS move on their part. There was no good reason for it at all, and the reasons they're now saying they're looking at offline mode are directly related to stuff we said all along after they announced the always online.

The city size, they can do, but they said they won't because it causes performance issues on too many machines.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#16GoIrish80Posted 10/4/2013 1:39:54 PM(edited)
Rexdragon125 posted...

Hackers partially figured out how to make it offline, and while yes they were able to extend the boundaries of the current cities, none of that experimenting factored in what that would do to the simulation if you filled up those bigger cities.

I'm not making excuses for Maxis, because overall I find it pretty pathetic that the current size of the maps is the biggest that they're capable of implementing. They should be embarrassed by that. This alone is the reason why I've stopped playing the game, it just doesn't take any time at all to fill up your city. I found myself slowing down on purpose just so I wouldn't be done so quickly.

I'm just saying that while people did release videos online showing that these things were POSSIBLE, it's not like they were in any way complete examples of showing the game perfectly working with those modifications. All it did was show that the restraints currently on the game could potentially be lifted.

If they do end up implementing an offline mode, I guess we'll see what kind of an effect it truly has on the simulation because I can assure you a bigger maps mod would be released within 10 minutes of an offline mode patch. They should also be embarrassed in saying that an offline mode is something even being researched by them at this point when they CONSTANTLY talked about how an offline mode was impossible due to the extreme complexity of the online processing that was going on in the cities. There's no possible way I can take anything these people say seriously considering how they've handled this game.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#17pronouncemynamePosted 10/4/2013 1:54:53 PM
I played Simcity again today. I really, really, really want to love this game. Is has so much potential to be amazing.

But EA/Maxis won't let it.
#18KillerTrufflePosted 10/4/2013 2:02:42 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
They should also be embarrassed in saying that an offline mode is something even being researched by them at this point when they CONSTANTLY talked about how an offline mode was impossible due to the extreme complexity of the online processing that was going on in the cities. There's no possible way I can take anything these people say seriously considering how they've handled this game.

This is pretty much the core of how I feel about all this too. Maxis and EA both played this game *really* stupidly from day 1.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#19galfasanta1111Posted 10/4/2013 2:07:16 PM
I only played SimCity 4 a small bit before. TBH I got it on sale for 5 euro just before SimCity 5 released, I didn't get so far as making a functioning city.

But I have to say i'm glad with SimCity 5. I've put in 47 enjoyable hours so far, with room for a lot more. To me, the maps are medium size, not small. (or tiny as some people say.) If you make a city on a plains with no cliffs or sea, to me that city size is more than adequate.

For a person who never played a lot of SimCity 4, i'd give SimCity 5 a solid 8.8/10. If they increase the map size eventually, or modders do, then cool. But i'm not gonna be a moan if they don't.
---
i7 3930k @ 3.2ghz | GTX 580 | 8GB DDR3 | 875W
#20JackTheRimmerPosted 10/4/2013 2:22:10 PM
They need to release an enhanced edition for X Box 1 .With every system having an 8 core CPU and the power of the cloud,there would be no performance issues with bigger cities.