This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did EA fix that garbage of a broken game known as SimCity yet?

#21ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/4/2013 2:42:29 PM
Why the hell did you people buy this game?

You were warned that this would happen. Do you not care?
#22JKatarnPosted 10/4/2013 2:46:50 PM
I don't think I've ever seen such a hyperbolic post on these forums, and that's saying something. I too wish the city areas were larger, but the game itself has been improved (traffic in particular), and it's a lot of (somewhat flawed) fun.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#23JKatarnPosted 10/4/2013 2:49:02 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
DerPancake posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
So, they can't increase the city size, but hackers can.

That's awesome.

They can, but they said not everyone can handle it.

They need to take a page from the book the devs for the X3 and X-Rebirth games and design a game that can look and run as good as it can, then wait for the hardware to catch up.

And then they can watch their sales drop into the toilet. You do realize that most people don't own top tier gaming PCs, right?
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#24JKatarnPosted 10/4/2013 2:51:16 PM
JackTheRimmer posted...
They need to release an enhanced edition for X Box 1 .With every system having an 8 core CPU and the power of the cloud,there would be no performance issues with bigger cities.

Does your brain process things before you type, or do you ever just look at what you've entered and think "Wow, I actually believe this"?
---
#25SinisterSlayPosted 10/4/2013 2:52:14 PM
JKatarn posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
DerPancake posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
So, they can't increase the city size, but hackers can.

That's awesome.

They can, but they said not everyone can handle it.

They need to take a page from the book the devs for the X3 and X-Rebirth games and design a game that can look and run as good as it can, then wait for the hardware to catch up.

And then they can watch their sales drop into the toilet. You do realize that most people don't own top tier gaming PCs, right?

How did it work for the X series then eh?

How about Tomb Raider 2013? That takes a pretty beefy PC to get the most out of it.
In fact, most games don't work with an integrated chip, you need a video card.

So what limit is being exceeded, CPU power? If it detects they are too weak, then you simply disable the high speed modes.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#26ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/4/2013 2:57:46 PM
JKatarn posted...
I don't think I've ever seen such a hyperbolic post on these forums, and that's saying something. I too wish the city areas were larger, but the game itself has been improved (traffic in particular), and it's a lot of (somewhat flawed) fun.

No it isn't, fanboy.

The game still sucks.
#27QUIK(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 3:10:44 PM
pronouncemyname posted...
I played Simcity again today. I really, really, really want to love this game. Is has so much potential to be amazing.

But EA/Maxis won't let it.

i agree...its a great game and extremely fun...but the city size is so small , it stops the game for you after 3-4 hours
#28Bossdog421Posted 10/4/2013 3:40:50 PM
Game was fun at launch and it still is now.

Servers sucked at first but the game was still fun.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#29OrgeLambartPosted 10/4/2013 4:01:33 PM
Always online single player games 4 the win.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart