This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Games for Window's Live cost money?

#21chequelots(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 2:10:31 AM
occono posted...
The DRM on GFWL save files gave me a ridiculous amount of trouble. Especially as my brother was using my email for xbox live and.....it was just a mess.

What kinds of problems?
---
As Link always says: "HYYYAAAA!!!!"
#22chequelots(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2013 12:54:44 AM
arleas posted...
^So if I lose my internet I probably won't be able to play my data?

That's how it worked for me on Fallout 3... I wound up saying "screw GFWL" and playing the whole game offline which let me save just fine. I didn't get any GFWL achievements while doing this, and I had to start over (since the saves I made online weren't accessible) but I could still play and enjoy the game. Also I think the GFWL saves are encrypted, so you can't transfer them to another computer... This is probably done to prevent people from editing a save file or something to get achievements. Some people take that gamer score seriously.

They should be patching out GFWL in a ton of games that have it in the coming months (since they're shutting it down). If it's that much of a concern, just wait till next year before you buy any games with GFWL (though you'll want to make sure they actually patched it out instead of leaving it useless).

Do you know when exactly they're shutting down?
---
As Link always says: "HYYYAAAA!!!!"
#23JMartinhoPosted 10/8/2013 1:50:10 AM
chequelots posted...
Do you know when exactly they're shutting down?

July 2014 IIRC
---
Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/xRuneXero
3DS FC: 1719-4162-7550 - PM me if you add me.