This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me or does Orgin blow the f*** away Steam in terms of download speed

#31Orestes417Posted 10/4/2013 6:06:58 PM
Lamentably this isn't Rapture, and having been fighting with an LMG for kills for the last hour condescending is the "cheerful" end of the scale.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#32MasterDonGeroPosted 10/4/2013 6:11:19 PM
DerPancake posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
DerPancake posted...
I get the same results with Origin. It does lie, but still doesnt explain why I download the games in less time.

Again you likely aren't on a steam server that can handle your bandwidth if its less than origin. I honestly wouldn't know as my 2.4MB/s is likely a lot easier to saturate. What kind of network monitor results are you getting? Are they similar? If steam is slower in the monitor than origin, you should try a different server location in steam. Remember that the server location doesn't necessarily need to be super close. Ping doesn't matter all that much with downloading.

Yes, I'm getting better speeds with Origin.

http://i.imgur.com/XygCU5W.jpg

and the download server is San Jose, which is the city I live on.

You live on San Jose? Damn, n****, you must be huge.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#33DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/4/2013 6:13:28 PM(edited)
Orestes
Heh. Origin or PSN?

MasterDonGero posted...
You live on San Jose? Damn, n****, you must be huge.

Really? Reeeeeeaaaalllly? Come on man.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#34Orestes417Posted 10/4/2013 6:26:20 PM(edited)
PC's the only way I play Battlefield unless forced otherwise, and oh boy does my poor box need an upgrade for this one. As for the username, I'll get back to you once I decide on the new one. The current one seems to confuse people on VOIP and it's time to retire it.

---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.