This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats a good windows cleaning software?

#1CyunPosted 10/4/2013 3:40:07 PM
The kind of software that will clean up registries, delete unneeded files, optimize ram, etc to boost the overall speed of your computer. Also are these types of software really necessary?
---
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/KargTheVile/4or46f6.gif
#2LootmanPosted 10/4/2013 3:50:59 PM
iObit Advanced Systemcare 6
---
\(._.)/ Kanakiri posted...
._.)/ I think you broke Lootman guys
#3mrCubePosted 10/4/2013 3:55:44 PM
CCleaner and glary are 2 more. They're not terribly necessary IPO. Some people say registry cleaners do more harm than good but I've never had problems with any of them, they're just mostly pointless.
---
---
#4RavlinPosted 10/4/2013 3:58:28 PM
They're not necessary if you take care and avoid installing garbage.
#5ShuraYukihimePosted 10/4/2013 4:12:47 PM
DBAN.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#6huyiPosted 10/4/2013 4:58:26 PM
CCleaner its free and easy to use.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD7750 8GB RAM 2TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#7EStar999Posted 10/4/2013 5:09:08 PM
mrCube posted...
CCleaner and glary are 2 more. They're not terribly necessary IPO. Some people say registry cleaners do more harm than good but I've never had problems with any of them, they're just mostly pointless.

Registry Cleaners are only bad for SSDs.
#8ShekbPosted 10/4/2013 5:15:34 PM
Don't bother

Just format your drive.
It takes maximum 10 minutes to install windows 8, 15 for Windows 7, and you'll "feel" the speed increase much more than if you used a "cleanup" tool.
#9mrCubePosted 10/4/2013 5:18:03 PM
EStar999 posted...
mrCube posted...

Registry Cleaners are only bad for SSDs.

Yeah I really don't think iterating through all the registry keys is going to put a whole lot of strain on your drive. Registry cleaners are just about completely unnecessary but it's not going to hurt your SSD if you run one.
---
---
#10NingishzidaPosted 10/4/2013 6:03:14 PM
Cyun posted...
The kind of software that will clean up registries, delete unneeded files, optimize ram, etc to boost the overall speed of your computer. Also are these types of software really necessary?

not really.

back in the days of XP there were standalone registry cleaners (Regcleaner) and registry compression apps (NTregOpt) that gave noticeable difference to performance (7% faster boottimes for me), but with Vista7/8 they're not longer required.

and neither is CCleaner, which just automatically does what you can do manually yourself.

i agree with other posters, just resintall the OS from a flash drive. fast and no ****ing around.

also, system image master race