This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats a good windows cleaning software?

#11thatfool12GsPosted 10/4/2013 6:33:30 PM
I prefer Windex when cleaning my windows.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#12ajko000Posted 10/4/2013 6:52:25 PM
CCleaner is a must have regardless, it does the fundamental stuff well without unwanted or accidental damage.

Revo Uninstaller is great, but be careful, if you uninstall a Steam Game with it it mistakes the Steam Client for leftovers. That's the only real problem I've ran into with it though.
#13Knight2520Posted 10/4/2013 7:44:27 PM(edited)
mrCube posted...
EStar999 posted...
mrCube posted...
CCleaner and glary are 2 more. They're not terribly necessary IPO. Some people say registry cleaners do more harm than good but I've never had problems with any of them, they're just mostly pointless.

Registry Cleaners are only bad for SSDs.

Yeah I really don't think iterating through all the registry keys is going to put a whole lot of strain on your drive. Registry cleaners are just about completely unnecessary but it's not going to hurt your SSD if you run one.

Sometimes registry cleaners freak out and delete the wrong information, and that can have the effect of horribly messing up a computer. That's what people are talking about when they say registry cleaners can do more harm than good.

CCleaner is pretty good about not doing that, but it's not unheard of.
---
If AMD goes down Intel might safely release i9 for $300 and i7 for $200 and i5 for $100 and i3 for free. - su27Chaos<
#14ggf162Posted 10/4/2013 8:22:20 PM
thatfool12Gs posted...
I prefer Windex when cleaning my windows.

Rubbing alcohol is where it's at.
---
My name is Ivan I like you