1) I've read people talk about how dual GPU cards aren't too good in SLI, can anyone explain why they don't scale well or whatever too well? I planned on getting R9 290X SLI but not sure if it will be a bad choice to or not. Any thoughts anyone?
2) Windows 8.1 uses tiled resources which uses on board RAM. Is this a reason to get ram faster than 1600Mhz? Also is this a reason to go with 16GB of ram instead of *GB? I haven't heard if there's a cap on the amount of on board ram this can use.
3) My 5 year old rig uses a 60GB SSD. Should i get one 256GB SSD or get two 128GB SSD's in Raid 0? Is there much difference? Or should i just get a 128GB for the OS and use the second 128GB for applications and games instead?
4) i have a Q9400 right now, whats the best CPU to upgrade to just to make it through 2014? I plan on builiding a 8 core haswell beast but i need something now as its almost impossible doing vide editing with the Q9400. should i do the i5 3570K?
Any answers would be appreciated.
#2MasterDonGeroPosted 10/4/2013 5:29:22 PM
1. The performance increase of adding a 3rd GPU is mediocre at best, and the 4th is just crap.
2. Depends on what you use your computer for.
3. Just get a 256 GB SSD. The performance increase of RAID 0 for SSDs isn't worth the risk.
4. Depends on your budget and there are currently no octocore Haswells. --- 3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom