This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Steambox has a Titan in it for cheap, whats to stop people from buying...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If Steambox has a Titan in it for cheap, whats to stop people from buying...

User Info: bsballa09

bsballa09
3 years ago#1
Steambox just for the Titan and to use it in their own PC?
| Intel i5 3570k 3.4Ghz | EVGA GTX 760 2GB | ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Corsair CX600 | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM | ASUS 22'' LED | HAF 912 |

User Info: MrApple

MrApple
3 years ago#2
those are the beta units that will be given out to the 300 chosen ones.
…../|,-‘`ŻŻ`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` Ż : o : : :o `-, …. Believing in a sign of Zeta

User Info: bsballa09

bsballa09
3 years ago#3
MrApple posted...
those are the beta units that will be given out to the 300 chosen ones.

Talking about the final product.
| Intel i5 3570k 3.4Ghz | EVGA GTX 760 2GB | ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Corsair CX600 | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM | ASUS 22'' LED | HAF 912 |

User Info: Boge

Boge
3 years ago#4
I'm sure it won't be cheaper.
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#5
Well if you are going to be playing on PC you are probably using Steam, so in the end thats what Valve wants people to use Steam.
Steam/Origin: DerPancake

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 years ago#6
Except it's not cheap. the steambox with the titan and i7 would retail for around $1800.00 according to Valve.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105

User Info: Lemur_H

Lemur_H
3 years ago#7
People automatically assume that it will be sold at a loss and that they'll be able to get a Titan for super cheap. Yea f***** right. Dream on.

User Info: Boge

Boge
3 years ago#8
Lemur_H posted...
People automatically assume that it will be sold at a loss and that they'll be able to get a Titan for super cheap. Yea f***** right. Dream on.

Exactly. However, I can't understand the point in creating these "PC in a box" that connects to your TV and plays with a gamepad other than to appeal to the console crowd. A console person it not going to fork up $1800 for a game box for their TV, especially when they have a PS4 or Xbox One that costs $400-$500. It just doesn't make sense.

Anyone that has interest in the PC and the PC games already has a PC.

Unless they're trying to appeal to the people that want a new PC for gaming and just don't know the best way to go about buying one. Hey, there's the Steambox! Seems kind of like a small crowd for so much trouble though.

And also, I can't imagine playing at least half of the games without a mouse. Do you really want to play Starcraft 2 or Civilization with your Steampad? I'm not sure that will work very well. It will be like trying to play with the touchpad on a laptop.
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#9
^ Well there are 3 high end machines being sent out for the beta but they've already mentioned that other tiers will be offered.

I actually signed up for the beta test and was kinda 'meh' about the whole thing. Now I really want one as they said you can do whatever you want with the machines... I'll just pop a 770 or titan into my machine XD
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: Mudkip57

Mudkip57
3 years ago#10
Lemur_H posted...

Even if it was sold at a loss, people apparently assume that RAM, CPU, motherboard, HDD, and PSU cost next to nothing
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If Steambox has a Titan in it for cheap, whats to stop people from buying...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived