This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do so many people think Amnesia is scary?

#1Fade2black001Posted 10/5/2013 10:19:23 AM
I thought it was dull and boring
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#2Zohar_MetatronPosted 10/5/2013 10:22:17 AM
Because horror works very much like comedy in that it's entirely subjective and an in-the-moment thing that's hard to quantify afterwards in a lot of occasions.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#3Benjamin_ButtonPosted 10/5/2013 10:24:28 AM
Because they havent played Outlast.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#4Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 10:25:09 AM
Benjamin_Button posted...

That game is supposed to be scary?
---
#5Dark_SpiretPosted 10/5/2013 10:28:40 AM
Benjamin_Button posted...
ahahahaha
---
Currently playing: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Shadow Warrior(2013) - State of Decay
#6JavelinPosted 10/5/2013 10:29:25 AM
Why do people find any work of fiction scary? They know there's no actual threat, so what is there to be scared of?

They get scared because their minds create the illusion that the experience is real.

Therefore, if you don't get scared, it's because you don't have much of an imagination.

Or you're a psychopath. Whichever.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#7Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 10:31:42 AM
Javelin posted...
Why do people find any work of fiction scary? They know there's no actual threat, so what is there to be scared of?

They get scared because their minds create the illusion that the experience is real.

Therefore, if you don't get scared, it's because you don't have much of an imagination.

Or you're a psychopath. Whichever.

HA!
---
#8xanthan1Posted 10/5/2013 10:35:35 AM
Because others find it scary, duh.
#9DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/5/2013 10:37:43 AM
Because those that played it near launch didn't know what to expect. You come in later with preconceived notions on how scary it will be and of course your going to be disappointed. Every eerie sound or area just has you going "that's not that bad" when you are expecting to $&%& your pants. You end up disappointed only because your expectations were much too high.

I do agree that it wasn't all that scary though. The only tense moment I had was the water creature segment and even then it wasn't 'scary', just tense.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#10Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 10:41:13 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
Because those that played it near launch didn't know what to expect. You come in later with preconceived notions on how scary it will be and of course your going to be disappointed. Every eerie sound or area just has you going "that's not that bad" when you are expecting to $&%& your pants. You end up disappointed only because your expectations were much too high.

I do agree that it wasn't all that scary though. The only tense moment I had was the water creature segment and even then it wasn't 'scary', just tense.

I played it without know nothing about it at all and i was saying meh and whatever all throughout my time I played it.
---