This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone feel as if multiplayer PC games have been lackluster?

#1ProsercunusPosted 10/5/2013 1:12:12 PM
I use to play a lot of online PC games with friends. I always had a blast playing joint operations, WoW (in its early release), Diablo 2, etc. And farther back with Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear.

Lately I just can't seem to find anything that holds that multiplayer coop/competitive itch for PC. We play some PC games online, but nothing that holds out interest nor is as much fun as the games I mentioned.

Anything now or in the future that sort of satisfies that online PC Multiplayer community style gameplay? I am sort of describing MMO's, but nothing has really captivated me. Diablo 3 was the biggest letdown for myself and friends in years.
---
i5 2500k | 8GB DDR3 | GTX 580
Steam - Prosercunus | Xbox LIVE - Prosercunus | PSN - Promah
#2maybecallsPosted 10/5/2013 1:16:05 PM
The only one I play is Warband, and I love it.
#3YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/5/2013 1:19:28 PM
I find Warframe to fun for coop, Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm good fun, as well.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#4MagnemightPosted 10/5/2013 2:18:41 PM
Have you tried Team Fortress 2? It's a very different sort of shooter than Rainbow Six, but it might pick your fancy. It's also free.
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against the Shy Guys!
Download the demo (offsite): http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=29243
#5JKatarnPosted 10/5/2013 2:24:11 PM
Prosercunus posted...
I use to play a lot of online PC games with friends. I always had a blast playing joint operations, WoW (in its early release), Diablo 2, etc. And farther back with Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear.

Lately I just can't seem to find anything that holds that multiplayer coop/competitive itch for PC. We play some PC games online, but nothing that holds out interest nor is as much fun as the games I mentioned.

Anything now or in the future that sort of satisfies that online PC Multiplayer community style gameplay? I am sort of describing MMO's, but nothing has really captivated me. Diablo 3 was the biggest letdown for myself and friends in years.

How so? I played through Inferno with a friend and it was good fun throughout, the varied powers, combat animations, environmental interaction etc. made for a good time. One of the better co-op experiences (unless you were expecting a carbon copy of Diablo 2 with better graphics). If you want a more traditional Diablo 2 - style game I'd suggest Torchlight 2, and Borderlands 2 is a lot of fun co-op as well.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#6jake-sfPosted 10/5/2013 2:28:03 PM
I hate Diablo 3 too, but I'm sure for many different reasons than most. Simple things like melee enemies hitting you no matter how far you get from them, and the totally skill-less gameplay that is entirely gear based...

I've little time for MMOs, and I find most of them have learned nothing from the past 10 years of MMOs.

Shooters... Loved shooters... when you come from a background of C&C Renegade's base vs base awesomeness and fast paced Unreal Tournament, everything modern feels terrible.

And we just get WAY too little FPS of any values, let alone good coop ones.

The only good multiplayer game in a good while to come out since TF2 (which I got utterly bored of long ago) was Terraria...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#7Prosercunus(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 2:33:07 PM
JKatarn posted...
Prosercunus posted...

How so? I played through Inferno with a friend and it was good fun throughout, the varied powers, combat animations, environmental interaction etc. made for a good time. One of the better co-op experiences (unless you were expecting a carbon copy of Diablo 2 with better graphics). If you want a more traditional Diablo 2 - style game I'd suggest Torchlight 2, and Borderlands 2 is a lot of fun co-op as well.

Way too tired to explain why I disliked Diablo 3. I have went over it to death.

Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 definitely had our interest for a little while, but it never really had that online community aspect that makes a game a mainstay for years or even months.
---
i5 2500k | 8GB DDR3 | GTX 580
Steam - Prosercunus | Xbox LIVE - Prosercunus | PSN - Promah
#8SteamsterPosted 10/5/2013 2:42:54 PM
I'd still recommend Diablo 3 sometime around March 2014. Game's going to be good.
#9DerPancakePosted 10/5/2013 2:43:56 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/202970/
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#10JKatarnPosted 10/5/2013 6:30:24 PM
Prosercunus posted...
JKatarn posted...
Prosercunus posted...

Way too tired to explain why I disliked Diablo 3. I have went over it to death.

Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 definitely had our interest for a little while, but it never really had that online community aspect that makes a game a mainstay for years or even months.

I think it's become popular to blindly hate on Diablo 3 due to the DRM/auction house situation. Yes, it's not a perfect game, but I loved Diablo 2 and its expansion, and I had a great time with Diablo 3 as well.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES