This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone feel as if multiplayer PC games have been lackluster?

#11ArthasRebornPosted 10/5/2013 6:34:07 PM
I have like 200 hours of Payday 2 with friends >_>
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn
http://i.imgur.com/0Zamww5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PDgXlnY.jpg
#12Prosercunus(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 12:56:31 PM(edited)
JKatarn posted...
Prosercunus posted...
JKatarn posted...
Prosercunus posted...
I use to play a lot of online PC games with friends. I always had a blast playing joint operations, WoW (in its early release), Diablo 2, etc. And farther back with Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear.

Lately I just can't seem to find anything that holds that multiplayer coop/competitive itch for PC. We play some PC games online, but nothing that holds out interest nor is as much fun as the games I mentioned.

Anything now or in the future that sort of satisfies that online PC Multiplayer community style gameplay? I am sort of describing MMO's, but nothing has really captivated me. Diablo 3 was the biggest letdown for myself and friends in years.

How so? I played through Inferno with a friend and it was good fun throughout, the varied powers, combat animations, environmental interaction etc. made for a good time. One of the better co-op experiences (unless you were expecting a carbon copy of Diablo 2 with better graphics). If you want a more traditional Diablo 2 - style game I'd suggest Torchlight 2, and Borderlands 2 is a lot of fun co-op as well.

Way too tired to explain why I disliked Diablo 3. I have went over it to death.

Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 definitely had our interest for a little while, but it never really had that online community aspect that makes a game a mainstay for years or even months.

I think it's become popular to blindly hate on Diablo 3 due to the DRM/auction house situation. Yes, it's not a perfect game, but I loved Diablo 2 and its expansion, and I had a great time with Diablo 3 as well.

It has nothing to do with blindly hating on Diablo 3 because it is "popular". I believe the fact that it was one my most highly anticipated games in years and that I dropped it in 2 months give or take is proof enough for my personal dislike for it. Not because it was the "popular" thing to do. You don't really think I would drop a game I intended on enjoying immensely just to be part of some invisible hate bandwagon? It's not like there was a cabal of people just waiting to hate on such a beloved franchise. And even if there for some reason was some angsty kids waiting their turn to bash something popular, it wasn't me and I find your assertion that I am somehow part of that ridicalous. It's not like Diablo 3 is objectively good nor bad.
---
i5 2500k | 8GB DDR3 | GTX 580
Steam - Prosercunus | Xbox LIVE - Prosercunus | PSN - Promah
#13samurai1900Posted 10/6/2013 1:22:29 PM(edited)
Perhaps, at the very least I can't find many people to play with on PC, even with Steam and GameFAQS.
---
For Shuppet fans and lovers - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ShuppetForLife
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperSamurai190//
#14NicodaemosPosted 10/6/2013 1:35:17 PM
Have you tried Dota 2 yet?
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#15SlaynPosted 10/6/2013 1:41:02 PM
I gave Diablo 3 a lot of hours the first month, never picked it back up. When the AH is gone, I might give it another try.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#16BogePosted 10/6/2013 1:41:15 PM
Definitely lackluster, especially on the cooperative end!

My friends and I have been playing much older games lately. The newest we play are Diablo 3 and Borderlands 2, sometimes Torchlight 2. But all three of those games are loot hunts. We need more variety.

Aside from those, we're dipping back to Alien Swarm, Left 4 Dead, Company of Heroes, and even Hidden & Dangerous 2. It's not like we haven't played those games for hundreds of hours each.

Can someone please stop making another deathmatch first person shooter and give me something creative?
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#17BogePosted 10/6/2013 1:45:49 PM
JKatarn posted...
I think it's become popular to blindly hate on Diablo 3 due to the DRM/auction house situation. Yes, it's not a perfect game, but I loved Diablo 2 and its expansion, and I had a great time with Diablo 3 as well.

Amen. I don't think people are giving it enough credit. Instead of comparing it to all the other games out there, they're comparing it to what it could have been, what they hoped it would be. That I will admit is a disappointment. But it's still an awesome game.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#18ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/6/2013 1:47:40 PM
JKatarn posted...
I think it's become popular to blindly hate on Diablo 3 due to the DRM/auction house situation.

Because they ruined the game even more than it was already.

But discounting that, the game still sucks. Character progression sucks, itemization sucks, level design sucks, the writing sucks, the scripted nature of the game sucks.

Play Path of Exile.
#19ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/6/2013 1:49:40 PM
Boge posted...
Instead of comparing it to all the other games out there, they're comparing it to what it could have been, what they hoped it would be.

Excuse you? Diablo 2 is better. Path of Exile is better. Torchlight 2 is better.