This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Neverwinter Nights 1, or Neverwinter Nights 2?

#1The_AntiGrimPosted 10/5/2013 4:11:48 PM
well?
---
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero
#2El_KazPosted 10/5/2013 4:21:27 PM(edited)
NWN's vanilla campaign is pretty bad, but there's loads of good user-made content.
NWN2's campaign is really good, although it takes a while to pick up.
---
Wait... what?
#3McDoodPosted 10/5/2013 4:26:34 PM
NWN1 OC sucks big time, haven't tried the expansions but it does have a tremendous amount of modules to download.
NWN2 OC is okay, very similar to Dragon Age but MoTB is very good and a must play if you like story oriented RPGs. I've not tried the last two expansions and there isn't nearly as many modules to download as NWN1.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/whipper raptr.com/Whipper
#4FeatherwindPosted 10/5/2013 4:48:32 PM(edited)
In my opinion every single official campaign sucks including the sometimes highly regarded Mask of the Betrayer (maybe you could call it the least bad of them though). Both are easily some of my favorite games but very mod dependent.

Aside from mod compatibility the games are pretty much identical but NWN2 is perhaps slightly more clunky/quirky and it's not as simple resulting in less mods. Just go look at the mods and choose what you want to play first. If you want to play official campaigns then NWN2 but imo it's not worth it.
---
pathological
#5Tyranius2Posted 10/5/2013 4:52:18 PM
NWN1 is boring as hell
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#6masterpaul666Posted 10/5/2013 4:57:07 PM
If its a choice between the 2, I'd say the first one. It has an overall better story and gameplay.

If you got all the expensions, the second one, with storm of zehir, is quite nice~ Even if short and easy.

If you broaden the choices a bit, just go play kotor.
#7Born LuckyPosted 10/5/2013 7:13:38 PM
NWN 2 by a mile

The first one is so bad, it's embarrassing.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#8Davel23Posted 10/5/2013 7:19:24 PM
NWN 1's Hordes of the Underdark was pretty good.
---
Your mom's box.
#9GynthaeresPosted 10/5/2013 7:30:11 PM
Original campaigns only, no mods or modules:

NWN2 by far. It's a more traditional cRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate, or the later Dragon Age. And it's pretty good in its own right.

NWN1's OC campaign was basically like Diablo, just with a D&D ruleset / setting. Very hack-and-slash, and not much story or... roleplaying. Just lots and lots of dungeon crawling and hack-and-slash, and not very well done either.
The expansions were marginally better, but I still didn't care much for them.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#10happyscrub1Posted 10/5/2013 8:03:03 PM(edited)
NWN1 is the best out of any NWN stuff. The 2nd would be NWN2 3rd expansion SOZ

People who think nwn OC sucks are people who demand extremely linear gameplay. But the problem with that is nwn is based off DnD which is meant for extreme diversity.

Nwn1 doesn't have the best story, but it's the best executed attempt I ever played where a story makes sense regardless of the person's class or aligment. Nwn1 expansions and nwn2 gives little room for character diversity.
---
Never forget.... Building #7