This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can you play PC games off a TV if your useing a laptop?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. can you play PC games off a TV if your useing a laptop?
2 years ago#1
I know that with desktops you just plug in the hdmi cable but would this work with a lap top or would the built in screen screw around with it?
---
the world did end in 2012 it's just taking a bit to kick in.
PSN/steam jrr101
2 years ago#2
Yeah, just plug in an HDMI cable.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
2 years ago#3
Laptops will have a function key you can use to switch between monitors and disable the laptops screen. You can do the same in Windows.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
2 years ago#4
Make sure your laptop has an external monitor port. Depending on its age and brand, this port might be VGA, DVI, HDMI, or Displayport. If it doesn't have such a port, you can get a USB adapter. If it doesn't have a USB port, your laptop is a piece of garbage.
2 years ago#5
I do that but the drawback is that the laptop hdmi display doesn't output above 60Hz.
---
"...as we have also developed a keen interest in the smoking of pipe weed." - Bilbo Baggins
2 years ago#6
yeah thats a big inconvenience for the .01% of displays that accept more than 60hz
---
^ this
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. can you play PC games off a TV if your useing a laptop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived