This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2 questions for laptop gamers here....

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 2 questions for laptop gamers here....
2 years ago#1
1. How long did your previous laptop last before it died?
2. What caused it to malfunction or mess up?

The reason I'm asking is because I just bought a laptop but am kinda paranoid about using it too often because I heard the more you use it can cause wear and tear on the parts, etc.
2 years ago#2
uhm anything used a lot always suffers wear and tear
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
Asus Laptop | Gtx 680M | i5 @3.2GHz | 8gb Ram | 750 HD | W8
2 years ago#3
lol laptop gamers
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
2 years ago#4
1. 2 years, 8 months before I threw in the towel and built a desktop
2. Heat/bad CPU fan. The thing was a total oven (HP Pavilion dv6), and to this day it runs at 80-90c at idle/watching a video. The bearing on the fan started rattling/shaking the computer, so I upgraded.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
2 years ago#5
xD don't do it
---
If you don't use Throwback Mode for a full week while logged in, you will lose access.
2 years ago#6
buy a laptop cooler and its all good
2 years ago#7
I don't do serious gaming on laptops because reasons. They overheat easily and tend to be over priced for the performance. I do happen to play games on my laptop but they are not intense games at all. Mostly things like Minecraft and F2P mmo's like Ragnarok 2 and stuff. I do my serious gaming on my Desktop.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
2 years ago#8
I had a laptop die that I bought from cyberpower but other than that my laptops have been good. I still have a laptop made for windows 95 that works strong. I have an ASUS laptop that is going on 3 years now. As for the one that messed up, the power jack pin broke off. I couldn't find a replacement after the first year and cyberpower said it was out of warranty even though 4 months of the time it was being repaired by them (it messed up 3 times before I tossed it).
---
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor
2 years ago#9
Mine never die, I always clean them once a month or so with compressed air.

I stop using whenever I have a stronger laptop though.
---
GTX Titan - PS3 - Xbox360 - Wii U - 3DS - Vita - iPhone 5
Unbiased Gamer
2 years ago#10
Bowsaa posted...
1. 2 years, 8 months before I threw in the towel and built a desktop
2. Heat/bad CPU fan. The thing was a total oven (HP Pavilion dv6), and to this day it runs at 80-90c at idle/watching a video. The bearing on the fan started rattling/shaking the computer, so I upgraded.

I think I have the same/a similar laptop and yeah it runs so hot I can't sit it on a table because it overheats and I have to use a book when it's on my lap so it doesn't burn me
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 2 questions for laptop gamers here....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived