This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

where can I get the first deus ex game

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. where can I get the first deus ex game
3 years ago#41
Binba442 posted...
jrr18 posted...
alright thanks for the advice everyone and is invisible war any good or should I just get the first one?

Do not touch Invisible war. It is the worst game in the Deus ex series. And one of the most disappointing games ever.

Hyperbole. It's a solid game for what it is.
3 years ago#42
Forget about DRM and get the GOG version solely because it comes with a free copy of the game's soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBPK_oXeJgA Oh yeah, that's what it's about.
3 years ago#43
TheMisfit posted...

Plus do me a favor. Completely shut down Steam, and try and to run your Steam version of Deus Ex.

You are correct. Just tested and it does throw up a 'failed to find steam' error. Steam = 0 GOG = +1

Offline works fine but yeah thats still a negative. A non issue for me though as a steam user. Its always running :)
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
3 years ago#44
Orestes417 posted...
Take away the Deus Ex name and I guarantee you half the bashers would raise it's score by a point or three

Take away the Deus Ex name and no one would remember it.
3 years ago#45
TheMisfit posted...
Plus do me a favor. Completely shut down Steam, and try and to run your Steam version of Deus Ex. I can't speak since I do not it, just the GOG version. But I do know that none of my games on Steam run without the client having to start first. You claim that you can in an earlier post...but I beg to differ, unless that files are cracked.

Wrong. Older games, like System Shock 2, don't even need Steam to be installed anymore after they're downloaded.
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif
3 years ago#46
SlashmanSG posted...
TheMisfit posted...
Plus do me a favor. Completely shut down Steam, and try and to run your Steam version of Deus Ex. I can't speak since I do not it, just the GOG version. But I do know that none of my games on Steam run without the client having to start first. You claim that you can in an earlier post...but I beg to differ, unless that files are cracked.

Wrong. Older games, like System Shock 2 and DX, don't even need Steam to be installed anymore after they're downloaded.

Instead of spouting what you read somewhere else, why not test it yourself as I just did within the last hour. DX indeed needs steam to be running. Fallout 1 and 2 also need steam. System shock 2 does not need steam to be running. So the only real way to guarantee not needing steam is to buy a game on GOG.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
3 years ago#47
claytonbuckley posted...
did you even look for it before making this topic?

yes but if you misspell something the search function on steam won't bring it up
the world did end in 2012 it's just taking a bit to kick in.
PSN/steam jrr101
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. where can I get the first deus ex game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived