This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titan Quest

#21HighOnPhazonPosted 10/6/2013 9:18:33 AM
Obviously those of you that enjoy repetitive loot fests will enjoy games like this. Anyone who enjoys actual depth please look elsewhere.
---
GT/Steam: AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#22DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/6/2013 9:27:05 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Obviously those of you that enjoy repetitive loot fests will enjoy games like this. Anyone who enjoys actual depth please look elsewhere.

Please explain how these have no 'actual depth'. I could use a laugh. The depth isn't entirely in the gameplay. It is how you build your character and learn to use that characters strengths and weaknesses to your advantage. Everything you do is a decision on how to better your character. Every loot piece trashed is done using a logical scale you devised. Some people would love to focus on one loot attribute, others would not. There is plenty more depth in these games than you give them credit for.

Diablo 3 notwithstanding as there is only like one main stat...dps.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#23NicodimusPosted 10/6/2013 11:36:29 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...

#1 Every game ever made is repetitive. It just depends on if you like the content or not.

#2 Loot is one of the mainstays of any game in this genre. I don't see how it's a flaw.

#3 When you've gotten to level 75 and beaten Legendary, you can talk about how there is no depth to the game. If you actually do that, you'll find that you have to prioritize around resists and carefully arrange your build and gear to stay alive, not to mention extra bosses not found in the easier difficulties.
---
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#24BogePosted 10/6/2013 4:18:49 PM
Titan Quest is among the best Diablo clones there is. If I had to rank those types of games, I'd put it right under the Diablo series. I've enjoyed that one much more than Path of Exile, Torchlight, or even the console Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norath games.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#25BogePosted 10/6/2013 4:21:44 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
Decent, but slow and somewhat repetitive. There is also not alot of monster variety in the game. Weapon variety is also kinda lacking.

I'm at lvl 19 and I dont think I'm anywhere near the first Act Boss yet.

Not enough monster variety in the game!!!!!!!!!!?!????????? Are you freaking kidding me!!??? I'm not sure I know a game that has more monster variety!

If you're talking about different abilities and whatnot from the enemies, okay, maybe, but just when I think I've seen all the enemies in the game, a whole new set shows up. This game has probably the best monster variety than in any game I've ever played in 30 years.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#26NicodimusPosted 10/6/2013 4:30:20 PM
Boge posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
Decent, but slow and somewhat repetitive. There is also not alot of monster variety in the game. Weapon variety is also kinda lacking.

Not enough monster variety in the game!!!!!!!!!!?!????????? Are you freaking kidding me!!??? I'm not sure I know a game that has more monster variety!

If you're talking about different abilities and whatnot from the enemies, okay, maybe, but just when I think I've seen all the enemies in the game, a whole new set shows up. This game has probably the best monster variety than in any game I've ever played in 30 years.

Well, he has only seen maybe 1/6 of the game if he's not even at the Act 1 boss yet.
---
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#27Chaos_MissilePosted 10/6/2013 7:07:26 PM
Boge posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...

Well, from the first Act, all I've seen are:-
a) Satyr
b) Skeletons
c) Boars
d) Merman things on the beach
e) Birds
f) Harpies
g) Gorgons
h) Turtles?
i) Centaurs
j) Ghost

10 enemy types from Act 1, with Satyrs and Skeletons and maybe Centaurs being the most common.

The mermans, turtles and ghost are only available on the beach, the Gorgons are mostly faced during Medusa's lair and no where else from what I've seen. Birds and boars are random common monsters and harpies are periodic rarities. Skeletons in graveyard areas and tombs.

When the bulk of the act comprises of Satyrs and Centaurs as the most common enemies you face in Greece, what makes this different compared to others when most of the monsters here can be found in other games that do not have Greek settings?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#28McbethPosted 10/6/2013 7:22:37 PM
I'd say Titan's Quest is worth the buy...esp if you can get it and the expansion on the cheap.
---
http://a.imageshack.us/img830/2605/dsc00089k.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u169/Mcbethx/1177119041.jpg
#29Broccoli92Posted 10/6/2013 7:28:01 PM(edited)
Like everyone said it's a great game to play if you're into hack n slash diablo like game. I remember i bulit my own PC back in 2006 just to play this game and Oblivion
---
Intel i5 3470 3.20GHz | Sapphire HD 7850 2GB | 8GB RAM | Asrock Z77 PRO3 |WD 1TB| PSU 650w Enermax
#30Reaper_MinionPosted 10/6/2013 7:31:23 PM
The game has a lot of repetitiveness issues compared to Diablo 2 and Path of Exile, but it's still a great game, if only for the nice setting.
---
/|\ http://i.imgur.com/hK9c1lo.jpg?1
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY