This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Titan Quest

#31BogePosted 10/6/2013 7:35:54 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
Boge posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
Decent, but slow and somewhat repetitive. There is also not alot of monster variety in the game. Weapon variety is also kinda lacking.

I'm at lvl 19 and I dont think I'm anywhere near the first Act Boss yet.

Not enough monster variety in the game!!!!!!!!!!?!????????? Are you freaking kidding me!!??? I'm not sure I know a game that has more monster variety!

If you're talking about different abilities and whatnot from the enemies, okay, maybe, but just when I think I've seen all the enemies in the game, a whole new set shows up. This game has probably the best monster variety than in any game I've ever played in 30 years.

Well, from the first Act, all I've seen are:-
a) Satyr
b) Skeletons
c) Boars
d) Merman things on the beach
e) Birds
f) Harpies
g) Gorgons
h) Turtles?
i) Centaurs
j) Ghost

10 enemy types from Act 1, with Satyrs and Skeletons and maybe Centaurs being the most common.

The mermans, turtles and ghost are only available on the beach, the Gorgons are mostly faced during Medusa's lair and no where else from what I've seen. Birds and boars are random common monsters and harpies are periodic rarities. Skeletons in graveyard areas and tombs.

When the bulk of the act comprises of Satyrs and Centaurs as the most common enemies you face in Greece, what makes this different compared to others when most of the monsters here can be found in other games that do not have Greek settings?

That helps mix things up so it doesn't get boring. The best part is when you get to act 2, 3, 4, they are all new creatures, and not reskins of previous.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#32BogePosted 10/6/2013 7:38:07 PM
On another note, the game is found rather often for the Gold version (expansion included) for $5. So if you're patient, you can get a copy for that cheap price.

Honestly, when I think of the best games I've seen for $5, Company of Heroes and Titan Quest are the two that come to mind. If you like the action RPG genre, it's a definite winner.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#33RequiemPosted 10/6/2013 7:49:54 PM
It's a beautiful game (especially considering when it was made), but it suffers from (1)the lack of unique looks for classes due to TQ's multiclass system and (2) non-randomized maps.

That, and the final ending for beating the game is horrible. Well, not the ending so much as the song that plays during the credits.
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex