The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: Genres you HATE that everybody likes ... and vice versa

#1Benjamin_ButtonPosted 10/6/2013 6:58:22 AM(edited)
I DISLIKE: iso ARPGs...im looking at you Diablo series and Torchlight. I tried it again (with the wrong game apparently) Dungeon Siege III and OMG i killed it with fire.

I LOVE: MMORPGS but alot of people hate it and no RL friends want anything to do with em...*recovering from FFXIV ARR free trial*

how bout u mang?

edit: ppl r right..HATE is too strong of a word. Lets go with DISLIKE.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#2Orestes417Posted 10/6/2013 6:49:35 AM(edited)
I don't hate RTS, but I don't generally find them interesting. It might actually be fair to say I do hate MOBA's though. Hate the general direction of open world for no better reason than saying it's open world too.

As for games I love, that the market doesn't... I'm going to say hardcore sims, judging by the near complete lack of them these days. God I miss the time spent with Longbow 2 over lan.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#3KOTRwhoopsPosted 10/6/2013 6:45:47 AM
I don't really hate anything, that's a strong word. The only genre I universally dislike is beat 'em ups.
---
PLAYING - Grand Theft Auto V (PS3), Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
MOST WANTED - Lightning Returns, FFXV, Watchdogs, FFX/X-2 HD, Killzone SF, Beyond Two Souls
#4AsucaHayashiPosted 10/6/2013 6:48:09 AM
don't think there are any genres i hate... i am a gamer afterall.

there are more than plenty of games within genres i hate though.

eg. severely dislike pokemon(which holds the undisputed record of retaining the same exact gameplay with every single release) but apparently it falls under rpg so yeah...

what i love that most others don't or have forgotten about: adventure games(the real ones and not those 3rd person-short-attention-span ones).
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#5VordraxPosted 10/6/2013 6:56:03 AM
I dislike first-person shooters. Even Bioshock Infinite is difficult for me to get into. The closest I've come to enjoying a FPS since Half-Life 2 is Farcry 3, and even then I found the gameplay itself to be relatively bland.

I also dislike sports games, for two reasons: I've never been interested in sports in real life, so they are hard for me to relate to; and, I don't really enjoy games that are focused on one player versus one player competition.
---
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.
#6ShuraYukihimePosted 10/6/2013 7:01:11 AM
Vordrax posted...
I dislike first-person shooters. Even Bioshock Infinite is difficult for me to get into. The closest I've come to enjoying a FPS since Half-Life 2 is Farcry 3, and even then I found the gameplay itself to be relatively bland.

I also dislike sports games, for two reasons: I've never been interested in sports in real life, so they are hard for me to relate to; and, I don't really enjoy games that are focused on one player versus one player competition.

I won't try and change your opinion on sports games. I will just add that if the one on one isn't appealing to you perhaps something like OTP in the NHL series would be. Where it's two teams vs one another each person controlling on player. So it could be six vs six.

It's not perfect but it's really the only way I've had fun with a sports game multiplayer in many years.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#7JudgmenlPosted 10/6/2013 7:02:02 AM
I really dislike short games that pride themselves on their story and linearity (e.g. Portal 2)

I really like open world games that don't suffer from repetition. Better if there is some sort of multiplayer element.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - Popularity =/= Quality.
http://puu.sh/4AoGC.png - Opinions =/= Truth.
#8nIMr0D888Posted 10/6/2013 7:02:24 AM
Mmorpgs, I don't even class them as a type of game.
---
CAUTION: EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE
#9DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/6/2013 7:06:53 AM
MOBAs and MMORPGS
Both treadmills with no grand finale. I like having an achievable completion goal. Most competitive MP doesn't interest me for that reason.

Really quite enjoy JRPG's (of old) and racing games.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#10The_AntiGrimPosted 10/6/2013 10:10:21 AM
Hate MOBA's.

Like Racing.
---
Sidekick to the famous DarkHero