This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a game that requires exploration

#31NicodimusPosted 10/6/2013 12:29:31 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Just Cause 2
Two Worlds
Two Worlds 2
Sacred 2

If you have a console, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen as well.

Is Two Worlds 2 worth the trouble?

I tried playing it bought it has a the dumbest DRM which requires you to enter your CD key any time you haven't played for a while and then deletes saves here and there.

Like I tried to get back into it one day and my save was randomly gone.

It deletes saves? Haven't seen that yet.
---
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#32NicodimusPosted 10/6/2013 12:33:22 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
CircleOfManias posted...
Jason_25 posted...
PhilOnDez posted...
What about Metroid Prime 1/2? The first is one of my favorite games ever.

I just tried this game based on your recommendation and the controls absolutely suck. It controls like Goldeneye or other dated 90's FPS games. No moving your aimpoint at all. I would not recommend this game to anyone.

Up until now, I thought it was impossible for a wrong opinion to exist, but here it is.

Came to post this. Anyone who dislikes Metroid Prime is suboptimal

Metroid will always play better in 2D, just like Castlevania. They just switched Metroid to 3D to try to cash in on the growing popularity of FPS. It makes me sad, but at least there is a nice library of Metroid games I can go back to if I want good gameplay.
---
#33lionheart5656Posted 10/6/2013 12:44:32 PM
Nicodimus posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
CircleOfManias posted...
Jason_25 posted...
PhilOnDez posted...
What about Metroid Prime 1/2? The first is one of my favorite games ever.

I just tried this game based on your recommendation and the controls absolutely suck. It controls like Goldeneye or other dated 90's FPS games. No moving your aimpoint at all. I would not recommend this game to anyone.

Up until now, I thought it was impossible for a wrong opinion to exist, but here it is.

Metroid will always play better in 2D, just like Castlevania. They just switched Metroid to 3D to try to cash in on the growing popularity of FPS. It makes me sad, but at least there is a nice library of Metroid games I can go back to if I want good gameplay.

I disagree. I love the 2D Metroids but the Primes are in a league of their own.

Prime was the natural evolution of what Metroid should be on consoles.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#34NicodimusPosted 10/6/2013 1:06:37 PM
lionheart5656 posted...

I disagree. I love the 2D Metroids but the Primes are in a league of their own.

Prime was the natural evolution of what Metroid should be on consoles.

I found it to be virtually unplayable. Of course, that POS Gamecube controller probably didn't help matters either.
---
#35Dukaduka1k82Posted 10/6/2013 3:47:28 PM
Guild Wars 2 - lots of exploration.
Skyrim - explore everything then mod in more content also same goes for Oblivion.
---
Asus i7-3610QM @ 2.3Ghz, 16gig ram, Nvidia 660m 2Gb, 1Tb hdd @ 7200rpm
#36BogePosted 10/6/2013 4:45:38 PM(edited)
I'm going to throw Don't Starve in there. It's not first person, but it requires some pretty good exploration to gather what you need.

How about that weird cartoony game that all you do is walk around and explore? I can't remember the name of it...

Edit: Proteus is what it's called.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#37DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/6/2013 4:45:29 PM
Boge posted...
How about that weird cartoony game that all you do is walk around and explore? I can't remember the name of it...

Not sure what that is but you reminded me about every decent platformer ever. Exploration central.

Try psychonauts, or emulating some older classics like banjo kazooie and 3d mario games.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#38polopiliPosted 10/6/2013 5:03:22 PM
Miasmata. Gotta be patient though, the game has a reverse learning curve. I died quite a bit after tripping off and running out of tylenol.
#39BendoHendoPosted 10/6/2013 5:13:45 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
Gothic 3 with community patch is fun if a bit janky. Once you get used to the jankiness its one of the best exploration games out there. Loses steam about 3/4s of the way through but its an awesome journey.

Well that sums it up

-=-
#40krossfire(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 7:27:29 PM
I will check out Gothic and Miasmata.

And I ****ing love Psychonauts. I played it over 5 times already and still haven't got bored of it. Yeah, if there's any platform games like this I'd be glad to know as well. I know there's Brutal Legend, which I loved, but I'm not looking for that kind of game now.

The reason I haven't touch STALKER yet because it looks like a horror game, and I don't wanna get jumped on when I'm going on exploring places. The scare is cheap. Now, if it's something like Silent Hill then I might reconsider.

Played the first Arkham Asylum. Really good game and I wanna play the sequel but for some reason Steam says it's not available in my region. :(

I'll wait for Thi4f. :) Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
---
Glorious PC Gaming Master Race!
Half Life 3 pls :(