This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a game that requires exploration

#41xanthan1Posted 10/6/2013 8:04:53 PM
krossfire posted...
I will check out Gothic and Miasmata.

And I ****ing love Psychonauts. I played it over 5 times already and still haven't got bored of it. Yeah, if there's any platform games like this I'd be glad to know as well. I know there's Brutal Legend, which I loved, but I'm not looking for that kind of game now.

The reason I haven't touch STALKER yet because it looks like a horror game, and I don't wanna get jumped on when I'm going on exploring places. The scare is cheap. Now, if it's something like Silent Hill then I might reconsider.

Played the first Arkham Asylum. Really good game and I wanna play the sequel but for some reason Steam says it's not available in my region. :(

I'll wait for Thi4f. :) Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

STALKER isn't really horror, the setting is just something you might see in a horror movie or game.
#42NingishzidaPosted 10/6/2013 10:54:42 PM(edited)
krossfire posted...
I'm thinking something like Bathesda games like Elder Scrolls and Fallout, but different. The exploration map must be really huge, and I don't want any kind of driving involved. Any chance of such game exist to pander to my discriminating taste?

you think you have discriminating taste, rofl?

you can't even spell Bethesda, and you call Fallout 3, Fallout, which is repugnantly ignoring the fact that Fallout and Fallout 2 exist

i'd recommend STALKER series and Gothic 3, but I sincerely doubt you possess the intelligence to play them.
#43NingishzidaPosted 10/6/2013 10:53:04 PM
krossfire posted...
The reason I haven't touch STALKER yet because it looks like a horror game, and I don't wanna get jumped on when I'm going on exploring places. The scare is cheap.

your posts are the dumbest I've read in alongtime, you wouldn't last 10 secs in STALKER SoC OGSE.

your sig infers you're of PC master race, what a thin veil that's easily pierced reading two of your posts lol
#44fallenswordsPosted 10/6/2013 10:54:20 PM
Jason_25 posted...
PhilOnDez posted...
What about Metroid Prime 1/2? The first is one of my favorite games ever.

I just tried this game based on your recommendation and the controls absolutely suck. It controls like Goldeneye or other dated 90's FPS games. No moving your aimpoint at all. I would not recommend this game to anyone.

you're supposed to use the auto-lock

and there is a wii remake out there.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/
#45LazyyAmericanPosted 10/6/2013 11:09:45 PM
A Bethesda game....with proper mods to remove the overwhelming blandness.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#46krossfire(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 11:16:10 PM
Ningishzida posted...
krossfire posted...
I'm thinking something like Bathesda games like Elder Scrolls and Fallout, but different. The exploration map must be really huge, and I don't want any kind of driving involved. Any chance of such game exist to pander to my discriminating taste?

you think you have discriminating taste, rofl?

you can't even spell Bethesda, and you call Fallout 3, Fallout, which is repugnantly ignoring the fact that Fallout and Fallout 2 exist

i'd recommend STALKER series and Gothic 3, but I sincerely doubt you possess the intelligence to play them.

Oh wow, a petty internet insult. Haven't got any of those before. But yeah, thanks for the recommendations. I'll be sure to look them up.
---
Glorious PC Gaming Master Race!
Half Life 3 pls :(
#47ajko000Posted 10/6/2013 11:18:42 PM
Metroid Prime 1
Metroid Prime 2
#48ZeraphLordSPosted 10/7/2013 4:08:52 AM
krossfire posted...
The reason I haven't touch STALKER yet because it looks like a horror game, and I don't wanna get jumped on when I'm going on exploring places. The scare is cheap. Now, if it's something like Silent Hill then I might reconsider.

I don't really know how Silent Hill does things, but STALKER isn't linear, nor has any scripted scares. If you get scared in STALKER, it's because a bandit opened fire at midnight when it's dark out, or you see eyes staring back at you from the darkness. Hearing snuffling when you don't really know where it's coming from or how safe you are is pretty unnerving.

I can't normally play horror games, but the atmosphere in this one is incredible.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#49El_ZaggyPosted 10/7/2013 5:41:57 AM(edited)
jake-sf posted...
So what are we looking for here?

Metroid Prime, to me, is the real kind of deal. It has nothing in common with Elder Scrolls kind of exploration, which is incredibly bland. Thats just what sand boxes are.

Metroid Prime is how games should be done, but there's almost nothing like it.

right..... a scanning simulator limited by the environement. you cant call that exploration, its very linear and until you unlocks some upgrades, you cant go into some places which limits you to the narrowest type of exploration ever. Not to mention the horrible controls and the bad shooting mechanics made for casual babies who cant aim.

Super metroid and other 2d metroid are by far better than anything a 3d metroid attempted. At least its not trying to artificially make the game longer by scanning stuff.

Elder scrolls gives you from the start the choice to go any way you want, explore stuff without any limitations or linear path like Metroid prime use. Thats what exploration is.

For exploration games.

-Gothic series
-Elder Scrolls series
-Fallout 3-NV
-Stalker series
-X3
-Freelancer

Cant think of more right now
#50_x_Phoenix_x_Posted 10/7/2013 6:11:52 AM
ZeraphLordS posted...
krossfire posted...

I don't really know how Silent Hill does things, but STALKER isn't linear, nor has any scripted scares. If you get scared in STALKER, it's because a bandit opened fire at midnight when it's dark out, or you see eyes staring back at you from the darkness. Hearing snuffling when you don't really know where it's coming from or how safe you are is pretty unnerving.

I can't normally play horror games, but the atmosphere in this one is incredible.

See this is all that puts me off. For some reason i get the feeling that Stalker will scare the **** out of me.

Is stalker basically fallout, but in Chernobyl?
---
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzekgzA5id1r2xo7ko1_400.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzb50dIAEt1r35335o1_400.gif