This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a game that requires exploration

#61DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/7/2013 7:52:45 AM
FlareZero posted...
Just Cause 2.

Great game but TC mentioned a no vehicles clause :P Granted I just installed the cheat parachute boosters with a mod and never really touched a vehicle but yeah.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#62krossfire(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 10:03:37 AM
ZeraphLordS posted...
krossfire posted...
The reason I haven't touch STALKER yet because it looks like a horror game, and I don't wanna get jumped on when I'm going on exploring places. The scare is cheap. Now, if it's something like Silent Hill then I might reconsider.

I don't really know how Silent Hill does things, but STALKER isn't linear, nor has any scripted scares. If you get scared in STALKER, it's because a bandit opened fire at midnight when it's dark out, or you see eyes staring back at you from the darkness. Hearing snuffling when you don't really know where it's coming from or how safe you are is pretty unnerving.

I can't normally play horror games, but the atmosphere in this one is incredible.

Then I may consider this game. Horror games really put me off because some developers really don't know how to scare the players. They think by putting a scripted event or a bad guy hiding behind a panel or two that you can see it coming a mile a away will scare the crap out of you. That's why I'm so put off by games like Doom 3 or Dead Space that offers nothing but cheap scares.

One of the reasons why I put the non-driving clause because I know people will immediately recommend games like GTA or Saints Row, which I'm pretty sick of those type of games. Give me something else like Bully, or Red Dead Revolver or Gun but those games aren't on PC which sucks.
---
Glorious PC Gaming Master Race!
Half Life 3 pls :(
#63Broccoli92Posted 10/7/2013 10:23:26 AM
you might be interested on Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga
---
Intel i5 3470 3.20GHz | Sapphire HD 7850 2GB | 8GB RAM | Asrock Z77 PRO3 |WD 1TB| PSU 650w Enermax
#64NingishzidaPosted 10/7/2013 2:00:20 PM
_x_Phoenix_x_ posted...
Is stalker basically fallout, but in Chernobyl?

lol

disgusting
#65clowningPosted 10/7/2013 2:17:37 PM
Stalker games, but only if you can tolerate the bobbing camera. I hate that so much.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#66NingishzidaPosted 10/7/2013 4:24:11 PM
clowning posted...
Stalker games, but only if you can tolerate the bobbing camera. I hate that so much.

/config/misc/effectors.ltx

[bobbing_effector]
run_amplitude
walk_amplitude
limp_amplitude

STALKER master race